Location: Tampa or Bradenton, FL (Hybrid Work Environment)
Why United Way Suncoast?
Do you want to be part of a non-profit organization that makes a difference in your community? Do you want to be part of a passionate team focused on improving the lives of others? Now is your opportunity! United Way Suncoast is seeking a Marketing & Communications Specialist. This position supports marketing and communications efforts by creating video, written, and digital content. The Specialist collaborates cross-functionally to drive brand awareness, extend United Way Suncoast’s reach, and strengthen our defining message to the community.
We're not asking you to apply for a job. We're asking you to embrace a movement that gives people the freedom to rise. In return, you'll be embraced by colleagues that will appreciate every contribution you make.
Our team members enjoy a flexible work environment built on transparency and trust and most have hybrid schedules. There are many growth opportunities including the ability to learn about and contribute to efforts across the organization. We offer a competitive total rewards package including shortened benefit eligibility periods, several weeks of PTO, and no cost medical and dental options to name a few!
Objectives & Responsibilities:
- Produces blog posts, podcasts, on camera video interviews, and video vignettes in collaboration with others for use on social media platforms consistent with UWS’s brand identity.
- Attends UWS events and produces assets to highlight the success of those events on our website and social media.
- Autonomously produces strong internal and external communications such as newsletters, website content, event scripts, media releases, and social messaging.
- Monitors and responds to consumer comments, questions, and requests on social media; refers consumers to appropriate resources or teams for assistance.
- Maintains proficiency and knowledge in latest content production trends and best practices.
- Consistently demonstrates Our Suncoast Code and Values including applicable elements of leading self, team, and organization.
- Develops and refines processes to improve efficiency and achievement of goals and objectives.
Qualifications & Skills for Success:
- Typically requires 2 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Ability to work some evening and weekend hours.
- Ability to drive and work in-the field within the Suncoast region.
- Bilingual or Multilingual (English/Spanish/Creole) a plus.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion:
- Behaviors reflect a belief that individuals from diverse backgrounds lead to a more successful organization.
- Educates oneself about DEI issues within the organization and community.
- Demonstrates a willingness to become aware of and address one’s own implicit biases.
- Deliberately works to include individuals from underrepresented backgrounds in efforts both internally and externally as appropriate.
- Identifies and integrates the tools and resources needed to create more equitable environments.