Reports To: Director of Marketing & Communication
Minimum Salary: $37,085
This position calls for someone with a passion for driving change who is willing to acquire a deep knowledge of our current target audience and donor base, develop strategies for reaching new audiences, and help develop content that educates, inspires, and drives individuals to take action through financial gifts, volunteerism or advocacy. In addition, they must have a knack and love for writing as well as analytics and data, a desire to learn and comprehend, an ability to distill information down, and experience in generating content, editing video, email marketing, and digital strategy to help attract new donors and generate revenue.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Assists with day-to-day operations and department needs
- Assures equity, diversity, and inclusion in all communication strategies, tactics, and organizational activities
- Plans, designs, executes, and manages all aspects of UWBCKR's social media platforms to drive engagement, brand awareness, and fundraising
- Reports on digital results and provides insights and recommendations.
- Creates and implements email marketing strategies and operations for United Way, building and delivering personalized emails that drive engagement and giving
- Working closely with marketing team leadership, this role will own the hands-on execution of email, including content gathering, building of emails, testing, routing for approval, scheduling, audience segmentation, A/B testing, and analytics
- Supports the strategic application of the UWBCKR brand through messaging and digital materials and campaigns, ensuring consistency and clarity of use internally and externally
- Assists in creating and implementing strategic communications plans for the organization
- Helps create content for the website, including blogs, video, and other supplemental materials
- Works across functions to develop and execute communication strategies for United Way-led initiatives
- Develops and implements creative and strategic marketing/fundraising campaigns using social media and web presence
- Works with third-party vendors to create digital content and advertising campaign
- Provide other strategic and tactical communication support as needed
- A passion and strong understanding of philanthropy, health and human service agencies/trends, and our organization's vision, mission, and goals.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills and the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business' various types of content.
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale blog marketing strategies and tactics.
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
- A dual-minded approach: You're highly creative, and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions.
- BA/BS degree or an equivalent level of experience is required.
- 2-3 years of digital marketing experience
- Working knowledge of social media
- Experience producing content for the web specifically and channel-specific knowledge (blog, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Experience building audiences either online or offline.
The United Way of the Battle Creek and Kalamazoo Region partners across all sectors year-round to achieve measurable progress towards specific community level goals in Education, Income, Health and Basic Needs. Our organization stands in the top five percent of United Way organizations nationwide in overall resource development results. Our impact locally is over $10M with more than 4,000 volunteers engaged to help fuel the ongoing movement to change the story in communities throughout our region…one life at a time.
A community in which every person is equitably supported and thriving.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
UWBCKR is dedicated to building capacity and accountability into our policies, practices, and partnerships through collective collaboration with communities most affected by inequities. UWBCKR is committed to dismantling systemic inequities that continue to cause harm for Black, Indigenous, and other People of Color (BIPOC), Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ+) people, women, and people with disabilities.