United Way of Southwest Michigan is a respected leader in our community. Locally, we are the largest, non-governmental funder of health and human services. United Way provides a vehicle for people from all backgrounds to work together to solve big social problems.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will provide support execution of comprehensive marketing and communication plan.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, website, social media, production of collateral materials and communications. The right candidate will be a critical and innovative thinker, self-starter, and confident.
Qualified candidates must have one to three years of project management experience in marketing, communications or public relations. Must have experience in writing/editing and website/social media management. Candidates must be able to demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and desktop publishing software (Adobe InDesign and Photoshop) is a must. HTML and web-based content management is a plus.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and sample of your work to: email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Posting closing date: December 1, 2019.
This is a part-time, non-exempt position.
You may access our detailed job description at www.uwsm.org.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.