By bringing people and organizations together to solve our region’s most pressing issues, United Way of Greater St. Louis is making our community a better place to live, work, and thrive. It’s more than a day job. It’s a mission. Come work with us!
We are currently seeking a Marketing and Events Coordinator whose role will be to provide support to the marketing team, Leadership Giving/Major Gifts team, and executive office. The candidate in this role will be responsible for coordinating events, editing the work of others and writing scripts, blog posts, and email copy.
- Use AP style to edit the work of others, ensuring error-free communications
- Use superior writing skills to write scripts, email copy, registration copy, blog posts, and more
- Coordinate events for 10 – 500+ people, including but not limited to: managing contracts, ordering food and drink, coordinating vendors, serving as day-of contact for vendors and internal staff, set up and break down the event as needed, manage registration process, and event problem solving
- Manage invoices and check requests for the events as well as the Marketing department
KSA (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Exceptional writing skills, AP Style
- Strong project management, analytical, and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects/events at the same time
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, communication, public relations or similar field
- Minimum one year of relevant experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with others at all organizational levels
- Detail– oriented, organized, customer-centric
- Strong command of the English language
- Editing for grammar, style and tone
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite
To apply, please submit your resume and/or cover letter to Careers@stl.unitedway.org.
Employment is contingent upon passing a screening for illegal drug use.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, our employees have the option of working in the office or remotely. In the near future, employees will be working in a hybrid environment.
United Way of Greater St. Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer