United Way of Olmsted County
Marketing and Engagement Director
Title: Marketing and Engagement Director
Employment Status: Full time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Marketing and Engagement
Reports To: Vice President Community Impact and Engagement
Starting salary range: $50,000-$55,000
United Way of Olmsted County (UWOC) is a community change organization that fights for the education, health, and financial stability of every person in our community. United Way fights to erase divisions, bridge divides, and right inequities. We connect people with resources that change lives and transform our community.
This position will lead development of our marketing and communications strategy and execute a year-round, multi-channel marketing plan to transform our business and help drive donor engagement, acquisition, and retention. This position is responsible for supporting direct fundraising activities through all channels and increasing awareness and understanding of United Way of Olmsted County’s mission and work in our community. The Marketing and Engagement Director leads local marketing efforts, as well as coordinating with external vendors and integrating shared digital services.
The Marketing and Engagement Director co-creates the necessary strategies and tactics required to attract, engage, and retain donors, contributing to achieving financial goals. They will strengthen the UWOC brand by building audiences, growing revenue, and maximizing the effectiveness of digital marketing channels toward these goals. They will leverage expertise to support and expand digital campaigns across our multi-channel mix within available information technology capability. They are also responsible for overseeing coordinated donor engagement through volunteering, advocacy opportunities, and events. This position plays a leadership role with a high degree of cross-functional coordination across the organization, collaborating with the Resource Development and Community Impact teams to accomplish goals.
This is a full-time, exempt position. The Marketing and Engagement Director supervises two direct reports: the Communications Coordinator and Advocacy and Engagement Coordinator. This position reports to the Vice President of Impact and Engagement.
United Way of Olmsted County is committed to advancing equity in its work. Equity seeks to undo discrimination and bias to create a just and fair society in which all can participate, prosper, and reach their full potential. We invite applications from underrepresented and historically marginalized groups. People of all races, ethnicities, genders, and abilities are encouraged to apply.
- Lead, develop, execute and evaluate a year-round, multi-channel marketing strategy tailored to priority donor segments, including management of external marketing vendors.
- Lead a high-functioning Marketing and Engagement Team to execute all external forms of communication, corporate engagement, volunteer opportunities, and events.
- Manage sponsorship inventories with internal stakeholders, including final determination of benefits and tracking fulfillment of obligations.
- Manage integration of digital shared services.
- Attend UWOC and community events, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Perform other duties as requested
Desired Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, plus four years of relevant work experience in business to consumer marketing
- Digital marketing experience
- Demonstrated experience leading high-functioning teams
- Intercultural competence and demonstrated commitment to advancing racial, economic, and/or gender equity within organizations or communities is required
- Knowledge and experience with issues and solutions in education, health, and/or financial stability is preferred
- Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Analyzes information, generates alternatives, and commits to solutions that enhance operational excellence and ensure efficient use of organizational resources
- Establishes performance objectives and plans, tracks performance, and evaluates progress to meet challenging goals and support organizational vision
- Establishes plans for developing new capabilities and routines by assigning tasks, resources, and accountabilities
- Uses market and industry data to make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness and increase revenues
- Builds cohesive, high-functioning teams and builds strategic cross-team relationships to set and achieve challenging goals
- Builds trusting relationships with colleagues by being honest and consistent, keeping commitments, exchanging ideas openly, and providing support
- Identifies opportunities and takes risks to enhance knowledge and skills needed to develop new capabilities
- Strong English language written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Somali, Spanish, or other languages a plus
- Proficient in or willing to learn Office 365 and other web applications
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to United Way of Olmsted County, c/o Zeni Aly (ZeniA@uwolmsted.org) by close of business on August 4, 2021. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.