Purpose of Position:
The Marketing and Digital Communication Manager is an effective and passionate communicator, articulating the United Way of Lake County (UWLC) message in a way that inspires others to act. Designs, shapes and executes a comprehensive multi-faceted donor and stakeholder plan that supports our UWLC’s strategy and objectives, builds relationships with key audiences, and works to position UWLC as the leader in community impact.
Develops and implements an integrated, strategic marketing and communications program including web content, donor communications, printing/broadcast/social media, print and electronic materials, multimedia applications and special events.
Effective and Engaging Communication:
Effectively leverages communications to drive revenue and influence consumer behavior.
Manages development and coordination of marketing project plans with cross-functional internal teams, volunteers and vendors.
Communicates Skillfully: Writes and speaks clearly and concisely; uses multiple platforms to reach diverse audiences; is an effective public speaker and presenter.
Communicates Strategically: Develops and implements a comprehensive year-round communications plan to keep supporters and partners informed and engaged on UWLC’s mission and community priorities.
Connects to the Audience: Considers the appropriate methods, timing and venue for delivering a message or information appropriate to a target audience; adjusts communication style to anticipate the audience’s needs; he/she effectively engages with diverse audiences.
Initiates and Supports Public Relations: Leverages knowledge of traditional and social media to increase understanding of UWLC’s impact in the community.
Tells the Story: Distills complex information into simple and compelling message for maximum clarity, understanding and impact.
Champions the organization’s brand standards, messaging and tone of voice.
Digital Marketing Strategy:
Leads digital content marketing strategy to ensure consistent and effective external messaging via all digital platforms through marketing and communications.
Responsible for developing and executing digital strategies to increase brand recognition and engagement with our donors, volunteers, community partners and the wider community.
Digital, Media and Tech Savvy: Develops and executes strategies for social media, website optimization, email communication, video promotion and mobile and online campaigns to engage and attract donors to UWLC.
• Optimizes digital content to ensure both search engine visibility and favorable user experiences.
• Engages in audience segmentation, A/B testing
• Increases traffic and engagement on UWLC’s digital channels including website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, etc. to raise awareness, generate leads and increase donations.
Plans, executes and maintains internal calendar for content creation.
Develops compelling digital content and stories about our impact, volunteers and corporate partners.
Actively seeks out and helps define new creative methods and mediums for telling about our programs, and donor and volunteer engagement stories, across all digital platforms.
Uses data and analytics to track and monitor website, email, and social media traffic and optimizes campaigns based on the best-performing strategies and to achieve established KPI’s.
Demonstrates Effective Project Management: Assesses priorities, creates and executes timelines, meets interim and overall project milestones; continuously monitors and evaluates outcomes based on goals and recalibrates when necessary; brings people together to successfully execute tasks.
Influences Effectively: Gains others’ support for ideas, proposals, projects and solutions. Accurately anticipates the impact and implications of events or decisions for various stakeholders and plans strategy accordingly.
Constructive Leadership: Provides coaching, training and leadership to Marketing/Communications Associate. Leads performance management with personal development plans for each member of the marketing team. Leads and actively supports a cultural standard of transparency, respect for confidentiality/privacy while supporting innovation, teamwork and engagement.
Fiscal Responsibility: Manages annual departmental budget. Plans for future resources and advocates appropriately for budget to support business case.
External Relationship Management: Builds stellar external relationships with agency partners, Board Members, donor groups and volunteers.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Social Media/Digital Marketing or related field with a minimum three years’ experience in a professional position or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in managing staff and volunteers.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Graphic design skills is a plus.
• Strong computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Customer Relationship Management tools (i.e. Infusionsoft), Adobe Creative Suite, Content Management Systems (i.e. Wordpress), Email providers (i.e. Constant Contact) and databases. Quick learner of technology software.
• Experience with print production and vendor management preferred.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.