Trident United Way is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit, founded in 1944 and incorporated in the state of South Carolina. Its mission is to catalyze measurable transformation in education, health and financial stability for the people of Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester Counties – known as the Tri-County area. With a vision to be the leader in uniting our community to improve lives, Trident United Way serves as the regional backbone for work utilizing the ‘collective impact’ discipline to effect systems-level change in education, health and financial stability. In this way, Trident United Way creates opportunities for all and builds upon multi-sector collaborations to address complex issues that no single entity could solve alone. More information can be found at www.tuw.org
Entrepreneurial and innovative, Trident United Way brings together a wide range of corporations, foundations, non-profits and individual citizens to achieve shared community goals. With 77-years of deep, local knowledge, Trident United Way specializes in building community and regional partnerships to address root cause challenges and build solutions in tandem with the community.
Currently, Trident United Way works with a network of almost 750 non-profit partner organizations across the region. Partners help accelerate critical work, bringing unique perspectives and expertise to advance efforts in education, health, and financial stability across the region and beyond. United Way is the largest and most trusted brand in global philanthropy.
Governed by a prestigious board of corporate, academic, health and policy leaders, Trident United Way convenes advisory bodies and networks to share knowledge and resources to form effective solutions to our community’s most pressing needs. Trident United Way serves as an advocate and a catalyst for opportunities to expand, deepen and amplify positive community impact.
WHAT WE VALUE
Integrity - We are proactive, intentionally honest and do the right thing even when no one is looking. We are responsible stewards, accountable and transparent to the community and each other.
Respect - We treat others with dignity, fairness, and trust. We encourage discussion without judgment.
Equity - We value each person's visible and invisible distinctions and strive to create fair and just systems and opportunities for all.
Collaboration - We serve as both a leader and a supporter. We value team approaches and are driven by our ability to build relationships across partners and in our community.
Innovation - We are bold, curious, and open to new ideas. We drive forward creatively to address the community's most pressing issues.
We believe our core values define and guide the culture and character of our organization. They are the standards which guide us as individuals and that collectively determine how we fulfill this mission.
Trident United Way is seeking a talented, self-directed Content & Communications Manager to super-charge our outward-facing communications efforts. This position will gather stories, create content, manage key publication projects, and cultivate relationships with media outlets to show who we are as a brand and to amplify the work and outcomes of the organization. The Content & Communications Manager is responsible for communication efforts that inspire and motivate stakeholders to give, advocate and volunteer toward the achievement of Trident United Way’s mission, vision and goals.
- Optimizes work processes: Identifies and creates the processes necessary to get work done.
- Manages complexity: Asks the right questions to accurately analyze situations. Acquires content from multiple and diverse sources when solving problems. Evaluates pros and cons, risks, and benefits of various solution options.
- Drives results: Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully. Pushes self and helps others achieve results.
- Cultivates innovation: Develops useful ideas that are new, better, or unique. Introduces new ways of looking at problems. Can take a creative idea and put it into practice. Encourages diverse thinking to promote and nurture innovation.
- Decision-making: Makes sound decisions. Relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions. Considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles.
- Interpersonal savvy: Relates comfortably with people across levels, functions, culture, and geography. Acts with diplomacy and tact. Builds rapport in an open, friendly, and accepting way. Builds constructive relationships with people both similar and different to themselves.
- Communicates effectively: Is effective in a variety of communication settings; one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. Attentively listens to others. Adjusts to fit the audience and the message. Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization. Encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions.
- Instills trust: Follows through on commitments. Is seen as direct and truthful. Shows consistency between words and actions.
- Models resiliency: Is confident under pressure. Handles and manages challenges effectively. Maintains a positive attitude despite adversity. Bounces back from setbacks.
- Collaborates: Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Practices fairness in all interactions. Partners with others to get work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments.
Storytelling and Message Development
- A strong writer who is not afraid to seek out a story resulting in concise and compelling content that engages the reader
- Interview those served by Trident United Way programs, volunteers, donors, agency and community partners
- Articulate TUW’s impact work using outcome data in compelling ways that inspire action and investment
- Capture and help tell stories by using photography, videography and/or imagery
- Serve as editor in-chief by coordinating with others to develop, copyedit and optimize content for appropriate placement
Content Management and Measurement
- Research, develop and implement annual content calendars and communications plans
- Create/curate/re-purpose high quality content to attract, inform and engage an audience while also promoting the brand itself
- Use content on multiple channels including, but not limited to email newsletters, board of directors’ email newsletters, website, case for support, one-pagers, letters, event scripts/remarks, print materials and more
- Create compelling visuals and graphics to support written content
- Track, monitor and understand analytics to leverage data for optimizing reach and engagement
Publication Project Management
- Conduct needs assessment, create production timeline and implement the plan for organizational collateral materials and publications
- Manage the production of collateral materials and organization publications – work with contractors, to layout, design, proofread, approve, coordinate printing and see project to completion
- Prioritize, schedule, respond to and perform work associated with Marketing Request Form tasks from internal clients
- Source, develop and pitch stories, media releases, media alerts to news outlets and publications promoting TUW investments, activities including but not limited to annual events (Sing United, Women United Luncheon, Day of Caring and other volunteer events) partnerships and milestones
- Assist staff with preparation for interviews or live media appearances – refine messages, explain the process and procedures for the media opportunity and more
- Update and maintain current Media Contact list Track earned media coverage and track in CRM profiles
E-mail Marketing Lead
- Plan, create and execute coordinated content for TUW Quarterly e-mail newsletter to provide a consistent, compelling, and brand compliant message
- Create compelling visuals and graphics to support written content
- Work with CRM Manager to ensure accurate information and e-mails shared between the CRM system and current email system
- Maintain the organization’s primary email calendar in coordination with other users
- Coordinate the maintenance of email contact lists with other users.
- Track, monitor and report email performance metrics for quarterly e-mail newsletter (i.e. open rates, click-through rates and more) to key internal stakeholders
- Analyze performance data and make recommendations for improved performance strategy
- Collaborate with Digital Communication Manager, share resources, and work product for coordinated messages
- Serve as communication liaison with multiple internal clients to gather content, event details and more to share with the entire TUW Communications team
- Coordinate strategic communication coverage of TUW-sponsored events
- Coordinate assignments and assist in managing skilled volunteers and interns
- Perform other activities as assigned by the Vice President of Communications & Volunteer Engagement
- Participates as a champion, project lead, and/or member of organizational development teams as required
- Ensure consistent use of approved brand identity guidelines throughout organization and monitor application fidelity
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
- Associate degree required with 12 years’ experience focused on Communications, Journalism, Public Relations and/or Marketing
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of experience preferred (with focus on Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing preferred)
- 1 year of supervisory experience preferred
- 3 years of project management experience preferred
- Experience with website content management system preferred
- Experience with Constant Contact, Mail Chimp or other mass email system required
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Canva required
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required
- Superior writing, editing, verbal and people skills
- Experience writing and editing in AP Style
- Photography and videography skills required
- Graphic design skills preferred
- Strong project and time management skills with the ability to independently manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- An upbeat, energetic attitude that fosters positive relationships with partners and colleagues
- Successful at working independently and possess a willingness to acquire new skills
- Comfort with continuous quality improvement and ability to adapt to change
- Outstanding customer service, problem solving, time management, and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic with ability and willingness to work under pressure.
- High degree of initiative to understand new requirements, best practices, and drive projects to completion