About United Way of Larimer County:
Do you have the passion to make a difference in our community? Are you ready to take action in creating equitable outcomes for children, youth, and families in Larimer County? For over 60 years, United Way of Larimer County has tackled issues that matter most to our community. Community needs change over time, which is why UWLC encourages nimble and innovative responses to challenges faced by the people who live, work, learn and play here. With priorities in youth & education, financial stability, community engagement, and nonprofit excellence, in addition to disaster response, the organization provides over $5 million in grants, donor designations, and staff support annually. Join our team in building a Larimer United!
Scope of Position:
United Way of Larimer County is now accepting applications for an internship to support marketing and communication efforts. This internship will provide valuable career experience while making a difference in the community. This opportunity provides the following experiences:
• Gain hands-on marketing and communications experience.
• Meet and network with community members in Larimer County.
• Work independently and with the freedom to be creative.
• Practice and gain new interpersonal skills.
• Improve clerical and administrative skills.
• Improve data management skills.
• Add experience with a reputable organization in the nonprofit community on a national level to your resume.
• Support Marketing Manager with marketing, communications, and special projects.
• Assist with creation of social media content and copy
• Implement, manage, and support program special projects, as assigned.
• Support the translation of materials, content, and copy where appropriate
• Support UWLC events, as needed.
• Maintain excellent communication with all staff.
• Assist Marketing Manager with various administrative and clerical tasks.
• Attend and participate in Resource Development and Marketing team meetings
• Students from all areas of study are invited to apply.
• Bilingual: Fluent in Spanish (strongly preferred)
• Organizational skills, attention to detail, and analytic and strategic thinking.
• Written and verbal communication skills, as well as solid interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently, as part of a team, and in a flexible environment.
• Capability to prioritize and manage a multitude of tasks.
• A self-starter who takes initiative.
• Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, and Adobe Premier Pro.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other related software.
• Experience with CSS and/or HTML
Part time 10-15 hours per week– Stipend pays $13.65/hr
(paid in two installments: the first will be paid half way through internship, the second upon completion)
What it’s like to work at United Way of Larimer County
We Live Diversity
We strongly encourage applicants who identify as Black, Indigenous, people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQIA+, or from other historically excluded groups. If you feel your skills, and more importantly your passions, align with our mission, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the posted qualifications. Together, we can create a Larimer United where everyone in our community has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive.
As an organization, we:
● Value, champion, and embrace diversity as an integral part of our business.
● Provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.
● Respect co-workers and other individuals without regard to race (including hairstyles traditionally associated with race), color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin (including limited English proficiency), age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, political affiliation, veteran status, and retaliation for engaging in protected activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding), support equal opportunity programs or any other protected characteristic applicable under federal, state, and local laws.
● Refuse to engage in or tolerate any form of harassment or discrimination.
All UWLC employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org