PART I: OBJECTIVE & RESPONSIBILITIES
OBJECTIVE: Indiana United Ways (IUW) is a membership organization that is helping Indiana’s United Ways fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community. This key position works with members to help raise awareness of the work of United Ways in Indiana beyond brand recognition and into deeper understanding of the value of United Way in communities.
Marketing: Lead in-house creative services to support IUW and local United Ways and United Funds in Indiana. Responsible for overall “look and feel” of all marketing materials. Collaborate with IUW members and staff to develop brand-compliant approaches to donor and public engagement. Develop and execute regional marketing campaigns. Develop and execute social media campaigns. Assist or lead design of relevant electronic and print publications and marketing pieces. Manage all IUW’s digital marketing programs, including websites, online marketing, email marketing, earned media, and new media, while ensuring brand consistency and compliance with industry standards. Strategically align marketing efforts with brand initiatives of United Way Worldwide (UWW).
Digital Services Marketing: Provide support to members engaged in a Sales Force-backed digital engagement services effort. Strategize with IUW members and staff to maximize opportunities for regional outreach to gain new leads and reinforce strong brand messaging. Work with members to garner local stories, photos, video and other ways to help localize digital content. Work closely with IUW tech staff and provide value-added alignment between IUW and UWW Digital Services Shared Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Direct multiple strategic marketing projects toward completion on time, on strategy and within budget.
- Plan and execute the organization’s digital marketing strategy, integrating web, email, and social media presence. Negotiate and facilitate specifications with vendors as needed.
- Determine ways to creatively localize and regionalize a national brand strategy.
- Write and/or edit text for email, web, social media, and official publications.
- Work collaboratively with lead IT staff for successful implementation of Digital Services project.
- Assist with the review/approval process for all outward-facing materials.
- Able to work with colleagues of varying communication and work styles. Proactive communication to ensure strong relationships and strong work products.
- Able to implement systems of organization to track progress on multiple projects at once.
- Able to work collaboratively to seek and incorporate feedback from IUW staff, members and Board members as needed.
PART II: SCOPE
Direction of Others: Collaborates primarily with staff leadership on tasks as needed. Serves in a supporting role to local United Ways and Funds.
- Proactive and strategic thinker with the ability to work both individually and collaboratively
- Ability to organize and track detail when coordinating projects
- Ability to take on new projects as needed
- Ability to maintain brand standards while incorporating innovative and creative messaging.
Independent Judgment and Consequence of Errors:
- High level of independent thinking and judgment and knowing when to seek more information.
- High level of decision making.
- Limited skills in these areas could lead to an inconsistent message or representation that could compromise the integrity of the organization.
PART III: QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related field is required.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with non-profit organizations preferred. United Way experience is helpful.
- Experience with InDesign, Illustrator, and other design programs required. Experience with Salesforce and Office 365 preferred. Experience editing/compiling
- Experience with setting and monitoring marketing outcome and impact metrics.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office computer applications.
- High level of prioritization and organization skills. Ability to manage multiple projects with set deadlines/guidelines.
- Strong written and verbal communication, experience public speaking to small and large audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team-based environment.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a diverse population.
PART IV: WORKING CONDITIONS
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Moderate level of stress caused from tight deadlines.
- Moderate level of mental and/or visual fatigue and/or eyestrain may result from looking at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Occasional work outside of normal business hours.
- Periodic travel is required and access to own transportation and a valid driver's license is necessary.
The following workplace competencies have been identified by Indiana United Ways as required by all employees:
- demonstrate integrity by being accountable for actions, keeping commitments, and speaking honestly and truthfully with others
- demonstrate a continuous improvement work ethic
- demonstrate a commitment to individual and team-based assignments
- demonstrate quality assurance by producing accurate and thorough work
- demonstrate interpersonal skills in dealing with others
- demonstrate valuing the diversity of others’ opinions and experiences
- demonstrate sound reasoning and good common sense
- demonstrate the ability to meet and exceed customer expectations
- demonstrate a willingness to develop self, fellow staff members, volunteers, and community
- demonstrate active participation in departmental, team, and full-staff meetings