Vision and Mission:
At United Way of Northeast Florida, we envision a community of opportunity where everyone has hope and can reach their full potential. Our mission is to solve our community’s toughest challenges by connecting people, resources and ideas.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is not only valued and demonstrated in our hiring practices, it is fundamental to our mission, our organization and the communities we serve.
Purpose of Position:
The Marketing and Communications Assistant will provide administrative support to the marketing and communications team, assisting in the planning, implementation and monitoring of efforts to enhance United Way of Northeast Florida’s reputation and resources. This position will also be responsible for developing and maintaining effective working relationships with, and providing support to, other internal departments.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Provide administrative support for the Marketing and Communications department, which includes, but is not limited to scheduling, ordering supplies, monitoring and maintaining department inventory, and tracking department expenses.
- Format, write and edit content for social media, website, emails and press releases, as needed.
- Manage and maintain department media list, and track and distribute updates on media coverage.
- Coordinate the development and distribution of Monday Message staff email and/or other special internal communications projects.
- Assist the Director of Marketing and Communications with marketing email and invite sends, including development of email timeline, management and set-up of target contact list, and formatting and sending the email communication.
- Assist Digital Strategies Manager with website and social media management.
- Assist Creative Services Manager with logo and photo files management.
- Monitor activity and create reports on key metrics for marketing, media relations and social media campaigns.
- Coordinate, as needed, with departments and marketing team to share key messages and brand guidelines to ensure those messages and guidelines are consistently used in all communications and marketing materials.
- Schedule events and meetings that need marketing support and ensure appropriate follow-up.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure departments, events and initiatives have appropriate marketing/communications support.
- Manage the preparation of materials for campaign events, supplying the Resource Development team with all requested promotional items and marketing collateral.
- Coordinate the Speakers Bureau in partnership with the Resource Development department, ensuring speakers list is up-to-date, scheduling speakers at campaign events and arranging an annual training.
- Coordinate Agency Tours in partnership with the Community Impact department, ensuring agency list is up-to-date and arranging the tours as needed.
- Provide logistical and creative support for special events, including maintaining RSVP lists, managing the event timeline, and establishing a day-of event staff assignment list.
- Serve as organization photographer, as needed, and/or support a professional photographer hired for special events or marketing shoots.
- Work with volunteer(s) or staff to maintain department history files, organizing and appropriately storing photographs and marketing materials.
- Assist in recruiting and supervising interns assigned to marketing.
- Participate in Administrative Assistants internal committee to facilitate or help lead various internal organization-wide processes and celebrations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or other related field (or equivalent work experience) preferred
- Mastery of computer software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. (Knowledge of graphic design, photo and video editing, and Adobe Creative Suite software a plus).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally, in writing and through interpersonal skills
- Significant, well-rounded experience in project management and administrative functions
- Relationship builder with the flexibility to manage multiple internal clients and external audiences
- Exceptional time management, organization, oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with digital marketing assets, including website, social media and mass email communication platforms, preferred
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency, able to work independently
Professional Core Competencies Required:
- Mission Focused: Provides leadership, resources and focus to change lives in our community by creating sustainable improvements in education, income and health.
- Relationship Oriented: Places people before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator (Includes teamwork and communication): Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial & human) through meaningful engagement. Strong supporter of a team environment. Presents information in a professional, accurate & effective manner.
- Results Driven: Dedicates efforts to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Fosters and supports principles of the organization and protects reputation and results of the greater network.
General Physical Requirements for Essential Functions of the Job:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and/or hear; the job may require moving of up to 20 lbs. of weight.
Continual use of the hands with wrist and finger movement using a keyboard is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include long hours viewing a computer monitor screen. The employee may occasionally travel using personal vehicle and/or work outside normal office environment.
This description is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of all team members assigned to this position. It is intended only to describe the key elements relative to each section. Also, duties and/or requirements of this position may be modified, added or deleted at any time. This supersedes all descriptions previously written for the same position. Unique equivalent skills and experience may possibly substitute for required position requirements.
United Way of Northeast Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Environment.