Manager of Workplace Fundraising
We partner to design, support and grow systems that accelerate financial stability and upward mobility for individuals and families living in or near poverty and striving for a brighter future. Our vision is that Central Indiana will be a community where children, individuals and families thrive; neighbors care for each other; and we are proud of all our residents' quality of life.
We pursue this vision in all we do as we ask our community to give, advocate and volunteer. We believe that vision can only be achieved if pursued with shared values, and therefore place great emphasis on building a team that will pursue this vision together with ICARE. This is an exciting time to be part of United Way of Central Indiana's team as we embark on a new strategic framework that fosters innovation, builds community partnerships, and integrates across traditional functional areas.
The Manager of Workplace Fundraising will advance the mission of United Way of Central Indiana by developing, retaining and growing the level of financial support and commitment to United Way of Central Indiana (UWCI). This position is responsible for maintaining and developing relationships with key constituents at various levels with corporate accounts within assigned portfolio. The Manager of Workplace Fundraising will identify viable opportunities for additional involvement with UWCI and strategically integrate other team members and stake holders in these opportunities. They will work closely with these constituents to plan, organize and implement employee giving and other United Way activities to ensure a successful, stronger and sustained United Way commitment. This position is also responsible for achieving the annual fundraising and engagement goals in the overall team portfolio.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Fundraising: In conjunction with the UWCI Internal Teams, develop and implement strategies designed to maintain and grow the fundraising and engagement for corporate partners and their employees in assigned portfolio through year-round engagement. Work with assigned portfolio to execute annual fundraising campaigns for corporate partners, including creating pertinent timelines, engagement, execution, and donor outreach throughout the campaign. Maintain consistent account contact and creatively explore and introduce additional UWCI opportunities, as appropriate (i.e. volunteerism, sponsorships, etc.). Write and deliver informative and engaging presentations on UWCI's mission and vision in front of varying audience sizes. Communicate impact stories that promote donor acquisition, retention, and growth. Be knowledgeable about UWCI's work in Central Indiana and be an effective and compelling communicator to advance engagement and brand value.
- Internal Relationships: Work with UWCI's Community Impact, Strategic Information & Intelligence and Brand Teams to identify, develop and implement opportunities to communicate community impact work and UWCI goals to constituents. Be knowledgeable about UWCI's work in Central Indiana and be an effective and compelling communicator of the same to advance engagement and brand value.
- Relationships: Develop and maintain regular contact with corporate account representatives and corporate account leadership within assigned portfolio. Steward, cultivate and engage leadership level executives within assigned portfolio to build a broad base of support for UWCI focused fundraising activities with key corporate partners. Identify and communicate with appropriate UWCI team members regarding opportunities to leverage these relationships more broadly.
- Annual Goals: Achieve established goals for annual fundraising, engagement, and donor calls. Work with Workplace Fundraising Director to ensure goals reflect, align and contribute to the broader goals of the organization.
- Flexibility: UWCI is evolving with our changing external environment. Flexibility is a key attribute for this position. A willingness to take on additional duties to ensure the success of the team is essential. Role requires travel 10-15% of time within United Way of Central Indiana service area.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual in this role must display the highest level of integrity and confidentiality. United Way also values innovative thinking, and a successful candidate will be a self-starter who can work within the team to achieve goals and objectives. The individual should have effective communication skills, attention to detail and organization, flexibility, adaptability and the ability to multi-task and be open-minded in a fast-paced environment. The individual will also maintain knowledge of trends in their area of responsibility and reviews literature to understand key issues.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree required. At least 2 years experience preferred. Experience in fundraising, public administration, sales, marketing or business administration is preferred.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, a strong reputation for integrity and professionalism, ability to resolve conflict constructively, ability to build strong relationships both inside and outside UWCI, ability to think strategically, commitment to fostering an inclusive environment consistent with UWCI's commitment to diversity and inclusion. Must have the ability to prepare and explain performance, manage a diverse group of donors and volunteers, manage projects and workload, and engage constructively with the other members of the UWCI team.
United Way of Central Indiana's team is evaluated on the following core competencies:
• Job Knowledge
• Thriving in Change
Position Leader: Workplace Fundraising Director
Position Leads: No Direct Reports
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-Time
Salary Range: Mid to Upper 50's
Benefits: Complete Benefits Package Available
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply at uwci.org/careers
This position description does not constitute a contract of employment or a guarantee of any terms or conditions of employment. UWCI employees are employed on an at-will basis. In addition, nothing in this position description restricts UWCI's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.