UWBA is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. UWBA is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff and an inclusive workplace that values equity. We welcome applications from immigrants, BIPOC, LGBTQ applicants, and people with lived experience in poverty.
Job Title: Manager, Website and Analytics (Level 3)
Reports to: Director, Marketing Partnerships and Special Projects
Classification: Union Non- Exempt
United Way Bay Area (UWBA) mobilizes the Bay Area to dismantle the root causes of poverty and build equitable pathways to prosperity UWBA brings together partners from the nonprofit, business, and government sectors to address Bay Area poverty. We partner across sectors, develop solutions, capture the data we need, and use those insights to support public policy and create research-backed community initiatives. These initiatives include:
- Housing Justice: Improve access to stable, affordable housing and homelessness prevention.
- Employment & Career Opportunities: Build systems and pathways to career and employment opportunities.
- Financial Stability: Help families increase income and savings on their way to financial stability.
- Basic Needs: Ensure access to basic needs like food, housing, and legal services.
UWBA is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff and an inclusive workplace that values equity. We particularly welcome applications from immigrants, BIPOC, LGBTQ+ applicants, and people with lived experience in poverty. To foster an open and impartial application review process that minimizes the potential for bias, please remove any reference to academic institutions from which you obtained a degree, if applicable, for example, simply list “Bachelor of Arts in Sociology.” Not having a degree will not preclude you from being considered; applicable work experience is equally considered.
For more information about UWBA, please visit www.uwba.org.
As part of the Marketing and Community Engagement team, the Manager, Website and Analytics will manage all aspects of uwba.org and affiliated websites. This role partners across the organization to continually evaluate digital experience and implements digital projects with a focus on constituent first approaches that deliver exceptional user experiences. This role leads the development of and execution against a website strategy roadmap, leveraging people, partners, and technology resources to drive results. The Manager, Website and Analytics assesses emerging trends in websites and the digital delivery of services to constituents, maintains oversight of website analytics and works with internal partners to evaluate and recommend when to add or sunset technology solutions. The candidate needs to be within commuting distance of the San Francisco Bay Area.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with marketing team and other UWBA departments to translate operating needs/goals into technical requirements. Proactively bring forward recommended solutions and provide detailed information and feedback when solutions are being considered. Develop clear, specific, and testable acceptance criteria to ensure software and applications perform as intended and meet functional, quality and user requirements
- Prepare short- and long-term plans for website development and presence, including standards and guidelines for content and page templates in partnership with brand marketing to ensure a consistent look and feel across the website
- Develop, socialize, and implement regular website maintenance policies and procedures, including on-going content changes and posted update/maintenance schedules, to ensure site accuracy and timeliness. This includes the management of website accessibility and privacy policies
- Audit digital tools integrated with the website and make recommendations for new tools as well as sunsetting/elimination of existing tools
- Ensure adherence to search engine optimization (SEO) best practices and proactively monitor organic ranking to make recommendations for improvements
- Leverage strong analytical skills to monitor, analyze, report on, and act on website analytics and website user feedback
- Analyze surveys, market studies, and competitive intelligence and report on findings as needed
- Develop training materials, and train other marketing team members to build within the system where self-service is appropriate.
Who you are:
- 2 – 4 years of professional experience in digital experience and website management; demonstrated knowledge of web best practices, and UI/UX principles and 2+ years of hands-on experience with project management software and issue tracking systems
- Experience analyzing and interpreting digital data and proficiency in Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Experience with optimizing websites for search engine optimization (SEO) best practices
- Comprehensive experience with all aspects of website content management (Wordpress experience strongly preferred and DNN experience a plus)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and the ability to create technical specifications, project plans and documentation that are easily understood by a non-technical audience
- Experience in setting up and tracking e-commerce functionality and campaigns with an understanding of eCommerce best practices.
- Experience working in a CRM (Salesforce preferred); bonus points for working with HubSpot, Feathr, SEMRush
Salary: $75,000 (DOE)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
UWBA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender (including actual or perceived gender, and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, religious affiliation, veteran status, national origin, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state, federal or local law. Applicants must be able to work legally in the United States. UWBA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in the manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please let us know. If the reason you need an accommodation is not obvious, we may ask for documentation confirming your functional limitations.