NOTE: This position is closed and no longer accepting applications.
The Manager, Virtual Event Production, will join a team dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences to United Way staff, donors, partners, and stakeholders.
Reporting to the Vice President, Marketing & Engagement, United Way Worldwide (UWW), this role is part of the Marketing & Communications team.
This role supports the design and execution of comprehensive engagement plans across a variety of stakeholders for the purpose of training, alignment, fundraising, lead generation, and community building. This is accomplished by working with internal and external stakeholders, clients and subject matter experts to develop learning strategies that support United Way’s transformation through the design and delivery of a portfolio of aligned processes, products, services, programs, and events.
The Manager is responsible for coordinating and configuring the technical layout, design and features during virtual experiences and video production. The Manager provides clients with an understanding of technical requirements to deliver high-quality video content and virtual events, consulting on full lifecycle of engagement (from invitation to registration through execution and follow up) including live day support.
In collaboration with the Events and Engagement team, the Manager ensures that strategic objectives are outlined and met, recommends suite of digital tools, provides expert recommendations on program flow and engagement, manages environment branding to organizational standards, works collaboratively across departments to create opportunities to amplify and reinforce strategic messaging and supplements digital content by creating compelling promotional content and more.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a high level:
- Serves as producer for UWW-hosted recordings, as well as executive-hosted and critical network virtual events.
- Primary contact for all technical elements during the virtual (or hybrid) engagement process.
- Collaborate with Creative Studio (design team) on execution and delivery of video assets.
- For hybrid events, works with the assigned event manager to:
- Collaborate with internal colleagues to determine technical requirements for each virtual meeting or event, providing clients with an understanding of requirements and resources needed to create their virtual events and provides training as needed
- Oversee speaker preparation and management, ensuring outstanding customer service is delivered, especially to external speakers and partners
- Organize, prepare, and upload the event content for the virtual environment and ensure content is uploaded to appropriate repository post-event
- Manage preparation, day-of-event technical execution and closing out of virtual events on various platforms
- Ensure technical accuracy in all event-related communications
- Oversee event checklist and timeline to ensure all requirements and deadlines are met
- Develop video content for UWW social media and digital platforms.
- Collaborate with other members of the Events & Engagement team to ensure alignment across events and platforms, ensuring virtual event logistics are executed in line with platform and event requirements, including management of attendee registrations, email communications, and speaker outreach and coordination.
- Liaise with external and high-profile speakers to ensure exceptional experience with UWW and delivery of their content.
- Curate limited event-recap reports, compiling content from various sources
- Serve as an expert user for consultation by UWW colleagues.
- Liaise with UWW technology team as needed to support rollout of and training on new productivity tools.
- Establish an excellent working relationship with assigned clients and continuously strive to improve the level of overall service the organization is providing.
- Provide consultation to and support for rental clients in MGLC on execution of their technology needs. This position is considered essential and required to be on-site when a client is in MGLC.
- Some travel may be required to support in-person events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include:
- 4-year undergraduate degree in technology-related field or commensurate experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, organized, and accurate
- Ability to work under pressure while coordinating multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as being a part of a team environment and working flexible hours if required
- Experience managing virtual platforms such as Zoom, On24, Aventri, and similar
- Experience in digital media, or content production or multimedia web design desirable
- An understanding in streaming media (audio/video), AV production, encoding, networks, servers, audio editing, would be desirable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products is required (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Customer-focused with 3-5 years of customer service or production experience
- Able to demonstrate creativity, adaptability and learn new applications quickly
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted. Thank you.
We have established a salary range of $70,000 to $90,000 for this position. Specific pay is determined by your experience in that range. Highly recommend applicants include salary requirements when completing application.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail Jennifer.Chavez@uww,unitedway.org or call 703-683-7874 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more. Most benefits begin on the first day of the month following your start date.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.