The Manager, Virtual Event Production will join a team dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences to United Way staff, donors, partners, and stakeholders. Reporting to the Chief Experience Officer of United Way Worldwide (UWW), the Events & Engagement team supports design and execution of comprehensive engagement plans across a variety of stakeholders for the purpose of training, alignment, fundraising, lead generation, and community building. We accomplish this goal by working with internal and external stakeholders, clients, and subject matter experts to develop learning strategies that support United Way’s transformation and support those learning strategies through the design and delivery of a portfolio of aligned processes, products, services, programs, and events.
The Manager is responsible for coordinating and configuring the technical layout, design, and features during virtual experiences. The Manager provides clients with an understanding of technical requirements to create virtual events, consultation on full life cycle of engagement (from invitation to registration through execution and follow up) including live day support. In collaboration with the Events & Engagement, the Manager ensures that strategic objectives are outlined and met, recommends suite of digital tools, provides expert recommendation on program flow and engagement, manages environment branding to organizational standards, works collaboratively across departments to create opportunities to amplify and reinforce strategic messaging, supplements digital content by creating compelling promotional content and more.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Primary contact for all technical elements during the virtual (or hybrid) engagement process
- With the assigned event manager,
- collaborate with internal colleagues to determine technical requirements for each virtual meeting or event, providing clients with an understanding of requirements and resources needed to create their virtual events and provides training as needed
- oversee speaker preparation and management, ensuring outstanding customer service is delivered, especially to external speakers and partners
- organize, prepare, and upload the event content for the virtual environment and ensure content is uploaded to appropriate repository post-event.
- manage preparation, day-of-event technical execution and closing out of virtual events on various platforms
- ensure technical accuracy in all event-related communications
- oversee event checklist and timeline to ensure all requirements and deadlines are met
- Liaise with external and high-profile speakers to ensure exceptional experience with UWW and delivery of their content.
- Collaborate with other members of the Events & Engagement to ensure alignment across events and platforms, ensuring virtual event logistics are executed in line with platform and event requirements, including management attendee registrations, email communications, and speaker outreach and coordination
- Establish an excellent working relationship with assigned clients and continuously strive to improve the level of overall service the organization is providing
- Curate limited event-recap reports, compiling content from various sources
- Serve as an expert user for consultation by UWW colleagues.
- Liaise with UWW Technology team as needed to support rollout of and training on new productivity tools
- Provide consultation to and support for rental clients in the Mary Gates Learning Center (MGLC) on execution of their technology needs. This position is considered essential and required to be on-site when a client is in MGLC.
- Some travel may be required to support in-person events
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include:
- 4-year undergraduate degree in technology-related field or commensurate experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, organized, and accurate
- Ability to work under pressure while coordinating multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as being a part of a team environment and working flexible hours if required
- Experience managing virtual platforms such as Zoom, On24, Aventri, and similar.
- Experience in digital media, or content production or multimedia web design desirable
- An understanding in streaming media (audio/video), AV production, encoding, networks, servers, audio editing, would be desirable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products is required (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Customer-focused with 3-5 years of customer service or production experience
- Able to demonstrate creativity, adaptability and learn new applications quickly
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
You believe in a culture of inclusive excellence and value the differences that make us each unique. You are professional and kind; curious and passionate about your work; seek a stimulating and rewarding career; and, sincere in your desire to help others. Join our dynamic team and use your talents and ambition to make a difference in the world—help individuals and families achieve their human potential and build stronger communities.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way brings people, organizations, and communities together around a common cause, a common vision, and a common path forward. In many communities, we're the only nonprofit building up the cornerstones of education, financial stability and health—and the only nonprofit bringing people together from all walks of life to be a part of local solutions. We're engaged in nearly 1,800 communities across more than 40 countries and territories, where people are powering big ideas and big action by donating, volunteering and speaking out through United Way.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA with local, remote, and international employment opportunities. Our culture is People First—we take it seriously and, because of that, we take good care of people. How good? We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits package including tuition assistance and professional development; dress for your day; free onsite parking and gym; wellness programs; volunteering opportunities and leave; and, paid time off (PTO) and paid leave for religious observance, voting, family sick, medical appointment, and, parental/adoption. Additionally, we offer access to comprehensive health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance; employee assistance program (EAP); and, a 403(b) plan—it’s a long list. We encourage growth and upward mobility—and want you to succeed in a diverse, inclusive, and ethical workplace. Take action, join our Team—apply now.
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. We are an equal opportunity employer and recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail email@example.com or call 703-683-7860 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.