Position Title: Manager, United for Families
Status: Full-time, exempt
Salary: An amount in the pay range, $52,000 - $56,000 annually.
Benefits: Our benefits package includes 100% employer-paid premiums on employee only health, dental, and vision plans; 3-6% employer contributions to 401(k); FSAs, employer-paid life/AD&D/LTD insurance; generous PTO, EIB, and holiday benefits; EAP; tuition reimbursement program; professional and growth and development opportunities; discounted pet insurance; Verizon Wireless discount; inclusive bereavement leave; and free underground parking for eligible employees
Location: Work from home flexible, 2-3 days/week in-person. Primarily based out of our Denver office at 711 Park Ave W, Denver, CO 80205
COVID-19 Vaccination: In order to protect the health and safety of our staff and the communities we serve, Mile High United Way requires employees, including some designated remote workers, to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination, or submit to weekly testing, or receive a medical or religious exemption.
How You'll Help
Mile High United Way's United for Families (UFF) combines community-based efforts and collaborative partnerships to advance outcomes for young children (0-5) and their families and caregivers in the Denver-Metro area, with a specific focus on increasing access to culturally and linguistically appropriate early learning opportunities in under-resourced communities. In partnership with the Senior Director, United for Families, this position will provide program oversight and contract execution, advance efforts to increase advance program goals, and represent Mile High United Way (MHUW) and the United for Families initiative in the community to foster strong relationships with early childhood partners.
- Research, develop, and implement defined and selected components of the early childhood strategy for Mile High United Way that encompass short and long-term goals for the agency as well as the target areas with specific measurable outcomes
- Support the design and execution of early childhood research efforts and other large-scale special projects to increase access to early learning opportunities and executing strategies/partnerships to support the early childhood workforce
- Build and sustain partnerships that maximize the ability of Mile High United Way to advance the goals of United for Families
- Monitor, assist, and report on program implementation providing coordination and relationship management with grantees and partners
- Attend and actively participate in community collaborative meetings focusing on early childhood to determine if/how to activate MHUW resources when and where appropriate
- Represent and provide information/presentations when needed related to United for Families
- In collaboration with the Evaluation Team and with the support of the Senior Director, manage organization of program outcomes using tools such as Salesforce and/or Program "Scorecard" and metrics related to the UFF finalized SMART Goals
- Lead contract management, tracking, payment, and reporting schedule for all contracts
- Support, manage and coordinate the community partnerships
- Co-lead cross-departmental efforts with Marketing Team, Resource Development, and 2-1-1 to ensure resources are deployed to the community in a timely manner
- As needed, support Senior Director in presentations to donors and in ongoing donor engagement activities
- Manage and assist with all MHUW signature events that include UFF programming and families
- A Coordinator/Community Advocate position will directly report to the UFF Program Manager
What You'll Need: Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Human Development, Sociology, Social Work, Education, Early Childhood Education, or related field required
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience working in early childhood and community-based or education and/or Human Services fields.
- Minimum 3 years of Supervisory experience
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with early childhood professionals and community leaders.
- Demonstrated experience completing assignments and projects on time.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and shift gears quickly to accommodate change.
- Exceptional written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive pieces in a variety of lengths and formats.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision effectively using resources; demonstrated confidence and ability in decision-making
- Budget development and tracking
- Contract management
Computer Skills: Demonstrated experience working with Microsoft Office software products and Salesforce.
Working Environment: Office environment, must be available for special events and training and must attend meetings outside the main office
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
Ready to apply? If you are on Mile High United Way's website, you can apply by completing the information in the "Apply Now" box. If you're on a job board, you can apply through the job board or by visiting the Careers page of our website.
Mile High United Way is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Mile High United Way does not charge applicants for any step in the hiring process, nor do we request any financial information until the time of hire.
We will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants who have disabilities which hinder their ability to complete the application process. Please contact us at 303-433-8383 to request accommodation in the application process.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.