The Manager, Stewardship designs and implements the donor stewardship strategy for the entire organization, with a primary focus on the execution of stewardship of Tocqueville Society donors ($10k annually and up) and a secondary focus on the execution of stewardship of Leadership donors ($1k annually and up) and corporate or other types of stewardship. This position requires a high caliber WRITER, who must demonstrate ability in the composition of compelling written communication and ability to “ghost write” in the voice of others, all with impeccable grammar and attention to detail.
Day to day tasks include:
- Composing, managing the creation and signing of and sending acknowledgement letters,
- Working closely with the Finance department to ensure Tocqueville pledges, payments, invoicing, designations and payouts are done accurately and with clarity to the donor and agencies,
- Managing donor data and reporting in the CRM system,
- Developing donor stewardship strategies.
Education and/or Work Experience
- 5-plus years of professional work experience in a range of ANY of the following: writing, communications, public relations, marketing, major gifts solicitation, donor stewardship, event planning, fund-raising, working with board and committee members in a not-for-profit setting; a related Bachelor’s degree considered in lieu of work experience.
- Must demonstrate exceptional ability in written communication.
- Comfort and proficiency with presentation skills both one-on-one and publicly.
- Proven experience in personal relationship building, socializing professionally in both intimate settings and at larger social events.
- Familiarity with database software and customer service / donor management software.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission, vision, and goals of United Way.
- Staff members who drive a vehicle on UWGLV business must provide proof of a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions. United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley is an equal opportunity employer.
HOURS AND BENEFITS
This is an exempt full time position with a schedule flexible within normal business hours Monday - Friday. Full-time employees are eligible for our full benefits package including employer subsidized health and dental insurance, vision insurance, employer paid life and ltd insurance, a retirement plan with employer contributions and a generous paid leave package. Annual salary range: $47k - $52k.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may e-mail, fax or mail a resume and/or cover letter including salary requirements to:
United Way of the Greater Lehigh Valley
Attn: Mary Terp, Director, Human Resources
1110 American Parkway NE Suite F-120
Allentown, PA 18109