United Way Worldwide envisions a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability and healthy lives. United Way advances the common good by recruiting people and organizations who bring the passion, expertise and resources needed to get things done. United Way's global mission is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities to advance the common good. We invite you to be a part of the change – to Live United.
Join us to lead, design and build the next generation digital engagement platform for United Way Worldwide. The primary function of the Social Media Manager is to develop and design cross-market social media strategies and content to support digital engagement programs. We’re looking for a Social Media Manager to grow followers across our network of local United Ways, engage and retain them, and help convert them into leads, doers, donors, and active fans and promoters of our organization. You should have command of best practices and trends in social media marketing, enjoy being creative, and understand how to both build and convert a digital audience.
The Social Media Manager will lead the strategy and execution on social media and digital content effort aimed at building brand awareness, understanding, and consideration with our target audiences—both individuals and corporate partners. The successful candidate will exhibit the ability to write engaging content for social media and onsite pages with scrupulous attention to detail. We are looking for someone who is creative, team oriented, customer focused and will have the ability to organize, set priorities, and manage several projects at once, with minimal supervision. Candidates need in-depth knowledge and experience managing Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram accounts. Must be fluent with digital tools like Social Studio, Radian6, Hootsuite, Facebook Insights, Twitter, and Google Analytics.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION: An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Own all Digital Services social strategies and collaborate with marketing and stakeholders across the organization to craft compelling content for the local offices we support to drive awareness/adoption and community engagement.
- Work alongside local United Way staff leads, partners, and team members to develop engaging content for the Digital Services network that educates and engages our audience. Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks.
- Distribute social media content through both an editorial calendar and by creating shared content in the Salesforce Social Studio publishing platform.
- Ensure consistent voice, tone, look and feel of all online content.
- Implement Social Listening program and develop supporting analysis/reporting. Listen and engage in relevant social discussion about our organization, partners (corporate and non-profit) competitors, and/or industry, both from existing donors and prospects and from new audiences that don’t yet know us.
- Develop campaigns to acquire new followers across our social media sites.Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- In support of cross-market digital engagement programs, design and execute regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success, ranging from Twitter chats, to Google+ Hangouts, to LinkedIn conversations, as well as the content and links posted through these and other channels.
- Create social media audit reports for the local United Way offices, identify areas of growth and ensure best practices are being followed to enable better performance.
- Monitor and evaluate competitor activity in the social and digital space to adapt and modify short- and long-term programs as needed in alignment with company objectives.
- Produce social media trainings for local United Ways to leverage our existing tool set and improve overall social media performance.
- Segment followers by lifecycle stage/engagement ladder and engage accordingly. You will be our ear to the ground to route inform the appropriate team members of relevant social conversations.
- Must be able to write and use graphic design to create the shared social media content.
- Ensure all social media platforms are updated and maintained consistently.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years’ experience managing social media channels for a B2C or global non-profit organization either working within an agency or an in-house team.
- Experience creating and optimizing a social media editorial calendar.
- Proficiency in Social Studio and/or similar social media management tools to listen, analyze, publish and engage with donors and prospects.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, basic graphic design and photo editing skills required.
- Desire to collaborate and train stakeholders on social media best practices.
- Active and well-rounded personal presence on social media, with a command of each network and their best practices.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use data to inform decisions.
- Preferred experience with Salesforce, including Marketing Cloud.
- Additionally, this position requires one to three years of experience in a leadership role
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-836-7100, ext. 428 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.