The primary functions of the Manager, Social Media are to develop cross-market social media strategies, communicate best practices and shared learnings, and oversee the Salesforce Social Studio platform to support digital engagement programs for United Way. This position is responsible for growing followers across United Way Worldwide social properties, engaging and retaining followers, and helping convert them into leads, donors, and active fans and promoters of our organization. The Manager, Social Media supports the transformation of the United Way Network by leading training opportunities on social media best practices, answering questions and inquiries from Network staff, and maximizing the utilization of the Salesforce Social Studio.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Ensure all United Way Worldwide social media platforms are updated and maintained consistently.
- Support the transformation efforts of Local United Ways by producing and maintaining a library of social media knowledge articles for Network staff.
- Develop and lead training opportunities for Network staff members on social media best practices.
- Provide support to Local United Ways by answering social media questions and inquiries from Network staff through Salesforce Cases.
- Product owner of the Salesforce Social Studio platform. Troubleshoot issues, create how-to guides, lead trainings, and support Local United Ways in maximizing the use of the platform.
- Implement social listening and report templates in Social Studio for United Way Worldwide and Local United Ways to leverage to engage in social discussion about the organization, partners, competitors, etc. and easily export social metrics.
- Track license usage to ensure alignment of Salesforce contract and manage feature requests for the Social Studio platform.
- Serve on the Content Committee as the Digital Services social media content lead. Provide feedback to assist the creation of compelling content to drive awareness/conversion and ensure content is built and released for Local United Way use in Social Studio.
- Track, report, and communicate the success of campaigns and conversions from social media. Share learnings, develop benchmarks, and establish United Way focus best practices across all social media channels.
- Develop paid social media lead generation campaigns for to acquire new leads for the United Way Network. Collaborate on content to drive traffic, present a seamless user experience across all channels, and manage the budget to maximize ROI.
- Explore new ways to engage and new social networks to reach leads and donors.
- Assist with community management of United Way Worldwide social media properties including managing all direct messages from UWW social accounts.
- Support United Way Worldwide cause marketing campaigns on social media, including live tweeting.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
- Five years of experience managing social media channels for a B2C or global non-profit organization.
- Must have an active and well-rounded personal presence on social media, with a command of each network and their best practices.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Must be proficient in Social Studio and/or similar social media management tools to listen, analyze, publish and engage with donors and prospects.
- Bonus experience and skills include paid social media management, demand generation, and inbound marketing.
- The ideal candidate will have command of best practices and trends in social media marketing, enjoy being creative, and understand how to both build and convert a digital audience.
- The successful candidate will exhibit the ability to write engaging content for social media and onsite pages with scrupulous attention to detail being critical.
- We are looking for someone who is creative, team-oriented, customer focused, and has the ability to organize, set priorities, and manage several projects at once, with minimal supervision.
- Candidates need in-depth knowledge and experience managing Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts.
- Must be fluent with metric tools such as Social Studio, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Twitter, and have a working understanding of SEO best practices and principles.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-683-7863 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.