United Way Worldwide is the world’s largest privately funded nonprofit. Our global mission is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities to advance the common good. United Way envisions a world in which all individuals and families develop and achieve their full potential through education, income stability, and healthy living. United Way employees possess the passion, expertise, and resources required to make great things happen – we invite you to be a part of the change – to Live United.
United Way Worldwide is seeking a Manager of Social Marketing, who is passionate about creating incredible user experiences and journeys to help United Way acquire, engage and retain supporters. A successful candidate will be a highly creative and innovative thinker, and motivated to make a difference at work and in the world. The Manager of Social Marketing is responsible for overall implementation of United Way Worldwide’s Digital Marketing and Online Engagement Strategy, for creating best-in-class experiences for United Way donors and supporters, and managing the day to day planning and execution for United Way’s e-mail and social media programs. The Manager leads strategy and implementation for key digital projects, including our national partnership with the NFL. The Manager reports to the Director of Online Engagement and is responsible for the overall delivery of assigned work projects within the department/team.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Design, build and maintain United Way’s global social media presence
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Plan, execute and measure experiments and conversion tests
- Lead and evolve the United Way Social Media Council (US) and Worldwide Social Media Council (International)
- Act as subject matter expert for United Way Worldwide and our global network of 1,800 local United Ways
- Regularly share learnings and provide internal throught leadership on social and digital engagement
- Consult on United Way projects and products to ensure seamless and integrated cross-channel experiences are created and delivered
- Lead development of social media strategy and implementation for key digital prgrams and initiatives, including United Way’s partnership with the NFL
- Oversee the daily interactions, engagements and conversations through UWW’s social media properties
- Constantly develop new and innovative ways and ideas to engage our online community
- Have editorial ownership of all social media content and ensure that the voice of the organization remains consistent
- Provide direct support for social media presence of senior United Way executives
- Maintain social media strategy and guidelines for United Way Worldwide and local United Ways
- Analyze social media performance data and manage the department’s scorecard
- Lead paid social promotions as well as social media and digital-based partnership activities
- Plan, execute and measure United Way Worldwide’s e-mail marketing program
- Provide direct support for engaging United Way Worldwide online donors via social media channels
- Work across functions with editorial teams to coordinate content across channels
- Other duties as assigned
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities, and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
Minimum requirements include a Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Communications, or equivalent experience. Deep and demonstrated familiarity with social media, viral engagement and online marketing practices. Experience managing an online community. Excellent judgement. Experience managing digital paid media is a plus. Excellent writing and editing skills. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build consensus and partnerships; a team player with the ability to work independently. Knowledge of the National Football League, and familiarity with sports and sports marketing is a plus. Ability to craft/execute online engagement campaigns in support of overall business objectives. Working knowledge of web analytics applications (like Google Analytics), HootSuite, Tweet Reach, Google/Search engine campaign creation and general SEO knowledge; Google Ad Words; social media advertising. Understanding of web technologies and trends. Self-motivated. Familiarity with various CMSs (Expressions Engine a plus) . Basic graphic design / photo editing skills. Ability to interact with all levels of staff. Foreign language experience a plus.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-836-7100, ext. 428 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, 403(b) plan, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. Please apply via the online system. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.