United Way of Brevard, Florida (UWB) was established in 1957 by a group of concerned individuals who wanted to help those who were in need. Our work focuses on the building blocks of a good life – Education, Income and Health. Our community wins when kids succeed in school, adults can secure a good job, manage their finances, and provide a healthy environment for their families. Together, the contributions of thousands of individual donors become a force for change in the community.
POSITION SUMMARY AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Manager, Resource Development will effectively manage a portfolio of campaign accounts for the annual workplace campaign and other resource development activities.
- Responsible for year round relationship maintenance, growth, and new relationship development with targeted campaign accounts. May achieve this goal through such activities as meeting with select accounts, attending specific meetings, and providing a variety of print/verbal information regarding United Way activities and its impact on the community.
- Identify and build relationships with new prospective donors, including companies capable of running workplace campaigns and/or making corporate gifts, as well as individual donors.
- Assist in the qualification and cultivation of major donors capable of giving at a leadership level, helping to increase membership in United Way of Brevard’s giving circles, including the Tocqueville Society ($10,000+ annual giving).
- Assist the Director, Resource Development in resolving problems associated with fund raising objectives and monitoring goal progress.
- Prepare, analyze, research and review campaign data and reports as required or requested.
- Assist employers with the development and implementation of their internal United Way Campaign including but not limited to the facilitation of training for employer contacts, group meetings and agency tours.
- Respond to requests for materials and information from employers and perform a variety of clerical duties associated with campaign activities including maintenance of account files.
- Participate in pre-campaign recruitment, training and management activities for volunteers and account executives.
- Ancillary duties include a variety of responsibilities including collaborating with the Communications Department on the development of campaign materials; assisting in various functions with policy and procedure development; staffing special events as needed; and attending various networking functions to support departmental objectives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Read and interpret documents or instruments.
- Perform highly detailed work.
- Assist or guide problem solving.
- Perform mathematical functions.
- Conduct meetings and presentations.
- Prepare written communication.
- Perform highly specialized analytical reasoning.
- Withstand stress.
- Handle multiple, concurrent tasks and constant interruptions.
Environment and Physical Activity
- The environment for this position is an open office that is clean and comfortable and includes driving the employee’s own vehicle approximately 40% of the time. Reliable transportation is required.
- Evening and weekend work is required.
- The position is in a non-confined office-type setting in which the employee is free to move about and may include some minor annoyances such as noise, odors, drafts, etc.
- The employee spends time writing, typing, speaking, listening, lifting (up to 50 pounds), carrying, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling and reaching.
- May operate any or all of the following: telephone, cellular telephone, copy, fax machines, calculator, personal computer, related printers and related office equipment.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree Preferred and two (2) or more years of related experience or the equivalent combination may be acceptable.
- Previous fundraising, communications or sales experience required.
- Understanding of and some experience with statistical reporting, collection, analysis and reporting.
- Ability to extract simple database information and make recommendations based upon statistical analysis.
- Excellent organization and time management skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties.
- Proficient skills in personal computer operation, including word-processing, spreadsheet and data management software programs.
- Solid oral, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Strong public speaking skills required.
- Current Florida driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to perform this position safely, without endangering the health or safety to himself or herself or others.
Personal characteristics and skills
- Possess an adequate level of broad business and leadership skills.
- Effective at generating resources and financial support for the organization.
- Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good – creating, resourcing, scaling and leveraging strategies for broad investment and impact.
- Able to build trust in United Way and its relevance in the community.
- Values the network and strives to leverage United Way’s breadth of community presence, relationships, and strategy.
- Understand community trends and human service issues.
- Excels in leadership, teambuilding, effective utilization of volunteer resources, management skills, and communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships with different types of people, including clients, organization members, and providers.
United Way of Brevard is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary, a learning environment, and employee benefits to include health insurance, paid holidays, paid time off, and a retirement plan. Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
- Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
ABOUT BREVARD COUNTY FLORIDA
Brevard County, Florida, also known as Florida’s Space Coast, is a groundbreaking region along the east coast of the Sunshine State. Home to the world-famous launch pads of Kennedy Space Center and Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, Brevard County’s rich history is built upon generations of high-tech talent, yet boasts a small-town community feel where members can truly make a difference. With an abundance of amenities for the right work-life balance, Florida’s Space Coast offers a unique lifestyle with tropical weather, cultural activities, educational opportunities, year-round outdoor recreation, and a family-friendly atmosphere. Even the world's most significant vacation playground is just a short ride, which means you can get annual passes for endless access to the thrills and off-season crowds at Orlando theme parks and attractions, all while enjoying the relaxed oceanside community that has sent man to the moon, and continues to launch advances for humankind. You can learn more about the endless lifestyle options found here, at www.LiveBigSpaceCoast.com.