United Way Worldwide (UWW) is the world’s largest privately-funded nonprofit. Our global mission is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities around the world. United Way envisions a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability, and healthy lives. United Way employees possess the passion, expertise, and resources required to make great things happen–we invite you to be a part of the change–to Live United.
The Manager is responsible for supporting cross-functional teams to design, develop, test, launch and evaluate United Way Worldwide (UWW) social impact products for domestic and international markets. The Manager will support the design of products based upon established innovations, solutions and initiatives that accelerate and improve United Way Network performance, while also addressing critical community impact needs. The Manager will lead marketing strategies/tactics to ensure products align with UWW’s strategic imperatives and global brand strategy. The Manager will work closely with the Director, Product Marketing to appropriately package, promote, launch and manage products to maximize local adoption and individual engagement across the United Way Network.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION: An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at an exceptionally high level:
- Serve as the Marketing liaison to support cross-functional teams to analyze potential products, assess feasibility and impact.
- Lead marketing strategies/tactics to ensure products align with UWW’s strategic imperatives and global brand strategy.
- Develop product positioning and framing for new products; create compelling messages – supported by evidence and proof points - that accentuate United Way’s comparative value in the marketplace to accelerate individual engagement.
- Develop and execute comprehensive, effective product marketing strategies/tactics for launch, including the provision of world class tools, information, resources and support to maximize local United Way adoption and individual engagement across the United Way Network.
- Provide front line support to local United Ways to strengthen their capability to market products locally.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (Marketing discipline or business administration strongly preferred)
- At least three to five years of progressive experience in a similar role; product or service marketing experience a plus.
- Superb integrated marketing skills and experience, with the proven ability to translate brand strategy to product strategy; social media and digital marketing skills required; communications experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to collect, analyze, synthesize and present complex data and information in a concise manner; marketing research &/or marketing analytics experience a plus.
- Excellent writing skills; copywriting experience strongly desired.
- Strong project management skills, with a proven track record of consistently delivering projects on time, within budget and with a high level of quality.
- Demonstrated relationship management expertise, preferably in a large decentralized, matrix organization; private sector experience strongly preferred.
- International marketing experience and/or foreign language proficiency desired, but not required.
- Ability to work autonomously with a minimal amount of supervision, and to excel in an entrepreneurial, self-starting and fast paced environment.
- Passion for the mission and values of United Way, with a strong interest in marketing social impact products focused on health, education and financial stability.
This position is located in Alexandria, Virginia. Relocation reimbursement is not available for this position.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are enthusiastic about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 703-836-7100, ext. 428 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA; minutes from downtown Washington, DC. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: free parking and onsite gym; health, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; tuition assistance; paid time off; medical appointment leave; family sick leave; employee assistance program; monthly volunteer opportunities.