United Way NCA seeks an experienced nonprofit professional to serve as its Manager of Partner Engagement (II). The Manager, Partner Engagement, will work toward long lasting, meaningful community impact in the National Capital Area by developing relationships, building strategic partnerships, and managing the performance of key programs.
Reporting to the Director of Partner Engagement, s/he will be responsible for managing the day to day work of United Way NCA’s nonprofit partner stewardship and engagement activities (including partner customer service, communications, and special events); and providing support to the annual partner eligibility process, special community outreach and engagement initiatives (Community Conversations and 2020 Census), and nonprofit capacity-building programming. S/he will also provide support to United Way NCA’s signature initiatives as Do More 24 (annual crowdfunding campaign), Project Homeless Connect, and other annual events. S/he will also collaborate with the full Community Impact team to support ongoing visioning and strategic planning for United Way NCA’s programmatic work and strategic community goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides customer service and maintain relationships with nonprofit partners throughout the year.
- Performs administrative duties, as related to Partner Engagement, including but not limited to maintaining the department calendar, updating filing systems, scheduling meetings and generating minutes, and ordering supplies.
- Responds to customer service inquiries to the Partner Engagement phone line and email account both inbound and outbound from the nonprofit community.
- Maintains database systems as related to Partner Engagement, including nonprofit partner and non-partner staff, volunteers, address, and contact information.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of the annual application process for partner eligibility including process flow, data management, and overall support of the online platform.
- Participates in the annual partner eligibility process, application review, and required data and document evaluation.
- Provides direct assistance to Manager (I) with internal training and support of temporary customer service representatives with a strong focus on customer service, application review, and required data and document evaluation.
- Assists Manager (I) in completion of annual campaign applications (i.e. CFC, CVC, corporate and municipal campaigns).
- Develops ongoing knowledge of United Way NCA partnership criteria, including OPM/CFC and various state campaign guidelines and requirements.
- Coordinates delivery of content for partner written communications, including important notifications, instructional guides, monthly newsletter, and event invites, using various platforms.
- In partnership with Manager (I) and Director, supports convening nonprofits and community leaders as needed in support of organizational and team goals and objectives.
- Establishes new relationships with high performing community based organizations (CBOs) that help drive revenue and impact goals.
- Prepares periodic check requests for payments.
- Attends appropriate Community Impact functions and community events as required, serving as a representative of United Way NCA.
Nonprofit Education Development and Management
- Builds United Way NCA’s role in the region as a thought leader by keeping up to date on best practices, trends, and research in the areas relevant to nonprofit education and capacity building.
- Supports Director with marketing and logistics of nonprofit education and capacity building work to help enhance individual organizational capacity and effectiveness of partners and non-partners.
- Assists in identification of potential topics and instructors for workshops.
- Supports strategic program-based partnerships and collaborations.
2020 Census Community Outreach and Engagement
- In partnership with Director, provides administrative, logistical, and outreach assistance for activities and programming that drive community collaborations and positive results in support of a fair and accurate decennial count in 2020.
- Supports strategic planning to strengthen United Way NCA’s Census 2020 education programming (webinars), including identifying topics and potential instructors
- Helps to identify potential partnership and alliances in alignment with United Way’s interest to inform, engage and mobilize community stakeholders.
- Supports creation of content for Census 2020 website
- Assists with event coordination to include site set-up and logistics, materials preparation for Census Solutions Workshops, regional convening of stakeholders for ideation sessions, partnership development, and census problem-solving.
- Assists in the creation of targeted messaging promoting webinars and workshops to nonprofit staff
- Helps facilitate moderation of Workplace by Facebook (collaboration platform) online work groups and community
- Assists with event marketing and social media efforts
- Prepares presentations for meetings and briefings
- Creates surveys and evaluations to collect feedback, and assist with data analysis
Strategic Program Development and Management
- Supports Director and Vice President of Community Impact in assessing and iterating upon United Way NCA’s partner engagement strategic direction.
- Work collaboratively with other departments and colleagues to maximize available resources and drive outcomes.
- Supports mobilizing internal resources when needed and holding partners accountable when needed.
- Identifies ways to engage and deepen relationships with partners.
- Assists with convening nonprofits and community leaders as needed to support the ongoing work of identifying community needs, and prioritizing those for future investment (Community Conversations).
- Consults with other United Ways and grant-making organizations to determine best practices and help update United Way NCA’s strategies.
- Other duties as assigned, which could include special projects or assignments with other departments.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes
- Ability to work on multiple projects and responsibilities concurrently
- High energy, results oriented
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer relations skills
- Able to handle ambiguity and nuance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills, experience with program development, community outreach and engagement is a plus
- High level of responsibility, accountability and confidentiality
- Well organized, strong on follow-through, and has attention to detail
- Strategic, outcomes-oriented mindset
- Highly motivated, self-directed with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Open to constructive feedback
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) and database
- Confidence in engaging Executive Directors and high level staff from the nonprofit and corporate sectors
- Commitment to core values of United Way NCA in service to community
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred
- Minimum four (4) years successful experience with nonprofit, human services or government organization
- Excellent analytical ability
- Strong problem-solving and process management skills
- Previous experience managing programs/projects
- Previous experience with relationship/partnership management
- Demonstrated ability to work within a community setting with diverse populations, including community groups, elected and non-elected policy makers, businesses, and volunteers
- Travel around the Greater Washington area for business purposes is required. Must possess a reliable automobile or have access to reliable transportation.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume directly to Human Resources at https://unitedwaynca.org/about-us/careers/
Please indicate the job title for which you are applying and your salary requirements.
Successful candidates must pass criminal background and reference checks.