Provides support to the Office of General Counsel and coordinates administrative work flow within the department. This includes scheduling meetings, preparation of legal documents, presentations, and reports; developing data bases; coordination and maintenance of domestic and global trademark docketts, conducting the ethics certification process, and support of the contract approval process by handling the initial request and assignment for review. With the Finance team, manage the annual state charitable and business registration filings.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Coordinate and manage annual charitable solicitation filings and business annual reports for multiple signatures and submission to appropriate states’ office. Review contracts forms submitted into Conga for correct information and forward to attorney for review. Maintain trademark docket, acquire trademark specimens (as needed), and assist with cancellations/renewals. Manage annual ethics certification for staff. Maintain electronic files, electronic and hard copy, Notarize documents as needed.
- Compose correspondence letters, memoranda, and charts, tables, graphs for attorney’s review and signature as directed by the attorney and occasionally on own initiative for routine and sensitive matters. Prepares drafts of certain form contracts. Proofreads and corrects written materials to ensure correct format, spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Operates computer equipment in performance of daily duties. Effectively uses various software applications necessary to perform required job duties. Actively seeks out technological resource solutions to maximize efficiency.
- With General Counsel, oversee the electronic contract management platform and facilitate approvals by the appropriate staff in a timely manner. Assist contract managers in making submisisons and running status reports. Properly manages electronic documents for easy retrieval. Sorts, reads and annotates daily incoming mail; and coordinates outgoing mail and/or deliveries; maintains records pertaining to all aspects of attorney’s work.
- Schedules appointments and maintains attorney’s calendar; receives and assists clients and refers them to attorney or other appropriate person as circumstances warrant; arranges business itineraries and makes travel arrangements. Independently prepares travel expense reports based on attorney’s receipts and itinerary. Maintains client and administrative files in an organized manner and in accordance with department procedures.
- Preserves and protects the confidences and privileged communications of all clients. Makes written and oral contacts as necessary to obtain information or to clarify, crosscheck or verify the information needed. Independently takes action during attorney’s absence and uses initiative and judgment to see that matters requiring attention are handled in a manner so as to minimize the effect of the attorney’s absence.
- Greets visitors, screens phone calls and refers callers to appropriate staff member in a professional and courteous manner. Exercises professionalism, poise and tact in all verbal and written correspondence with internal and external customers.
Minimum requirements include:
- Associates degree or equivalent from a two-year college and paralegal certificate. Bachelor Degree preferred.
- At least four to six years of responsible experience in a similar role.
- Ability to work with staff of all levels.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted. Thank you.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-836-7100, ext. 324 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.