Position: Senior Associate, Operations Support, Food and Benefits Access
Community Impact Department
REPORTS TO: Director, Grants and Program Administration, Food and Benefits Access
United Way of New York City (UWNYC) is a nonprofit mobilizing people and organizations to eradicate barriers and create opportunities that improve the lives of low-income New Yorkers. Part of the United Way Worldwide system, one of the world's most recognized charitable brands, we envision caring communities in which all individuals and families have access to quality education and the opportunity to lead healthy and financially secure lives. We strive to model our values in all our relationships, both internal and external: Collaboration, Compassion, Integrity, Accountability, and Superior Performance.
SUMMARY: This position will contribute to the achievement of Hunger Prevention and Nutrition Assistance Program goals through Operations Support grant administration, monitoring and reporting activities, site monitoring for food safety, nutrition, and program compliance. In addition, this position provides FeedNYC.org data system helpdesk/customer support to Emergency Food Providers (EFPs).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in overseeing the annual Operations Support (OS) grant application, award, and reporting cycle(s)
- Monitor and train EFPs in OS program requirements.
- Serve as a key member of the annual food and OS grants application team:
- Prepare application and rating materials.
- Conduct application workshops, provide application assistance to grantees, and other aspects related to food and OS grants.
- Serve as point of contact for HPNAP grantees and other interested constituents.
- Conduct site monitoring visits to funded EFPs to ensure compliance with food distribution, and reporting requirements and provide on-site technical assistance and training
(NOTE: Site visits are currently being conducted virtually due to on-going coronavirus pre-cautions).
- Provide helpdesk/customer support for EFP users of the FeedNYC.org data system.
- Provide support to EFPs using Plentiful App, a communications, reservations, and tracking system
- Assist in the administration of Capital Equipment grants.
- Other special projects and duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- B.A. or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of and experience within the nonprofit, public health, food or nutrition sector; and/or collective impact a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required, with expert level user of Access database and Microsoft Excel preferred.
- Excellent organizational, project management, time-management, and negotiation skills
- Relationship-building skills and ability to negotiate and collaborate with diverse groups of people.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and able to thrive and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, driven, proactive, collaborative, flexible, and good-natured.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Bilingual a plus.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to HC@uwnyc.org with the “Senior Associate, Operations Support" in the subject line of the email. No phone calls or faxes accepted.
United Way of New York City is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer