You will provide executive operations, outreach and project support to the President of the US Network within United Way Worldwide, the world’s largest non-profit. On a daily basis, you will be primarily responsible for coordinating with the assistant to the President, US Network on scheduling, planning and outreach and supporting the daily operations of the President, US Network’s office.
This includes vetting and researching schedule requests; preparing background materials, briefing notes and presentations for internal and external meetings and appearances; liaising with United Way affiliates on trip preparation; arranging meetings, webinars and video chats; facilitating coordination with Conference and Learning; in coordination with relevant United Way Worldwide departments, assisting in the planning and outreach to important stakeholders; in coordination with Communications, assisting in the preparation and development of communications to the United Way network and external partners; and other duties as assigned, including research projects, strategic planning, Board engagement and day-to-day executive office management.
The Manager will work with minimal supervision in some situations and will be expected to anticipate and initiate action under the direction of the US President.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION: An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Prepare high level briefing notes, memos, reports, talking points, presentations and other executive collateral.
- Coordinate with relevant US team and United Way Worldwide (UWW) staff.
- Ensure accountability to deadlines.
- Review briefing materials for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Write clearly and concisely.
- Draft correspondence.
- Facilitate coordination between US team and other UWW departments, including Communications, Research and Investor Relations.
- Attend and contribute to weekly cross-functional meetings.
- Support US senior team with execution of strategic planning.
- Facilitate cross-departmental collaboration.
- Manage projects.
- Organize meetings and webinars.
- Respond to Board inquiries.
- In coordination with Research, prepare reports.
- Plan and coordinate trips and appearances for executive management.
- Working with other United Way staff in headquarters and in the network, provide advance planning for trips of the President of the US Network.
- Ensure all preparations are conducted in a timely manner, including logistics, briefing notes and presentations.
- Other Duties as assigned
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-836-7100 ext. 324 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills.
Minimum requirements include a bachelor degree with at least two years of progressive experience in a similar role. The successful applicant must have exceptional writing, organizational and problem-solving skills and be comfortable working in an executive, fast-paced office with tight deadlines. Experience planning and coordinating trips and appearances for executive management a strong plus. Needs to have strong skills with PowerPoint and Outlook. Must have demonstrated research and project management skills, possess a strong work ethic, enjoy working collaboratively, be capable of working independently and have a sense of humor.