The Manager of Membership Accountability Operations will provide operational process support to the Membership Accountability team (as part of the larger Network Engagement & Performance (NEP) team). This position requires both customer service skills and technical capabilities. Responsibilities include providing and managing daily operations including but not limited to Salesforce administration, managing membership process, communications, compliance, and special projects. This role will plan, organize, control, and improve internal membership functions to meet operational and compliance needs.
Responsible for maintaining the accuracy and integrity of all information within the membership databases and data files. Provide technical assistance for Salesforce, webinars and projects using DocuSign and Smartsheet. Support licensing of United Way’s database of zip codes and associated United Ways (GiftLink), for use by corporate partners.
Requires research to resolve operational questions and problems as they arise. Serve as a resource to the NEP team in the use of Salesforce. Support the NEP team’s use of platforms (e.g., SmartSheet, Zoom, Microsoft Office). Develop, plan and implement solutions to improve processes and workflow.
Works collaboratively/cooperatively with others to achieve goals. Contribute to and promote a positive work environment/atmosphere. Manage the day-to-day operational aspects of projects and scope. Provides detailed organizational communication as requested.
Minimum requirements include:
- Salesforce: Maintain the accuracy and integrity of member United Way (US only) information in Salesforce, including mass uploads of data and data cleaning; provide technical step-by-step guides for processes; train colleagues and provide troubleshooting support for Salesforce outputs and processes.
- Annual Membership Certification Process: Manage the annual membership certification process. Responsible for managing use of third-party platform (currently DocuSign for Salesforce) to collect all certification forms. Requires extensive knowledge of current and future capabilities of the third-party vendor. Create, format, test and monitor templates using Salesforce and third-party platform; collaborate with UWW IT to facilitate system connections. Provide technical support to the network including written technical guidance for various systems and processes and responding to specific questions from Local United Way staff and board members.
- Identify solutions using Salesforce, Smartsheets, Microsoft Office Suite (including MS Forms), UWO, and other platforms as requested; test and troubleshoot use of these solutions.
- Create content to support local United Ways’ understanding of and compliance with the membership requirements. This includes creating webinar content, guidance promoted via UWO and Workplace by Facebook, promoting best practices and responding to phone, email and Ask United Way questions.
- Review audits and 990s from United Ways with more than $4MM in annual revenue. Enter data points into spreadsheet for analysis and to identify any United Ways in difficult financial situations.
- Maintain the accuracy of the master GiftLink data file and make authorized changes to the database. Manage license agreements for use of GiftLink data, including distribution of GiftLink database on a monthly basis to approved 3rd party processors.
- Upload GiftLink and Membership Directory files on a quarterly basis to United Way Online. Distribute GiftLink file to approved third party processors on a monthly basis.
- Manage UWW staff requests for member mailing lists using Salesforce reports and/or Access queries to generate the desired report. Support project management, including use and creation of Smartsheet templates, forms, sheets.
- Support for the quarterly Membership Accountability Committee meetings including drafting meeting minutes
- Technical support for Membership Accountability and US Network Engagement led webinars using Adobe Connect, Zoom and Teams including training, written guidance, sharing best practices and support during webinars.
- Field phone calls, email, and other communications from the public and United Ways when Directors are unavailable or away from the office; refer members of the public to their local United Way and/or 2-1-1 for assistance
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include:
- Minimum three year’s experience in a similar role.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, expert customer service skills, ability to set priorities, organize time efficiently and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent customer service skills.
NOTE: If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted. Thank you.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail email@example.com or call 703-683-7863 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.