Candidate is preferably located in a Latin American country; this position is open for Local United Way staff members in Latin America and the Caribbean, so a remote work scheme will be considered.
You are part of the United Way’s Latin America & Caribbean Team, whose overarching objective is to support the development and positioning of United Way in the region by supporting United Way organizations in 14 countries (Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, Costa Rica, Panamá, Jamaica, Turks and Caicos, Trinidad and Tobago, Colombia, Venezuela, Peru, Brazil, Chile, and Argentina).
To ensure United Way fully realizes its mission in the region, the Latin America & Caribbean Team leverages the international United Way Worldwide Network's capacities and knowledge, generates resources, helps to increase brand visibility, and shapes cross-border regional initiatives.
The Manager, Investor Relations, will be specifically in charge of supporting the Team in its effort to establish and cultivate partnerships with corporations, private foundations, multilateral entities, and cooperation agencies at a regional level that enables member organizations to build and grow relations at a local level. In parallel, they will coordinate Network-shared marketing and communication efforts, as a strategy to position United Way in the region and support and optimize resource development processes.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
Data Collection, Exchange & Update
- Collect and analyze data that allows United Way member organizations to identify, prioritize, and approach prospective investors as well as deepening relations with existing donors.
- Serve as a liaison between the United Way Worldwide Corporate Relations Team and United Way member organizations in the region.
- Ensure timely exchange of information about partnership and funding opportunities among United Way Worldwide, United Way regional offices, and United Way member organizations.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date information in United Way Worldwide databases for key global/regional accounts.
- Provide support to the Vice President, Latin America & Caribbean for building regional partnerships, including assistance for C-suite and CSR calls, creation of regional account plans, and reporting.
- Manage relations, at a strategic and operating level, with existing and potential investors throughout the entire cycle: planning, communication within the United Way Network, following-up of opportunities and investments, recognition, and stewardship.
- Coordinate relationship management processes across United Way member organizations in Latin America and the Caribbean, working closely with local CEOs and Investor Relations Directors/Coordinators.
Regional Project Management of Investment Programs
- Identify regional impact programs opportunities.
- Support regional program proposals and ensure consistency throughout the different geographic areas involved.
- Support approved regional programs and follow up with partners on progress with transparency.
- Support the reporting process in a consolidated and consistent manner.
- Collaborate with the Director, Network Capacity to develop strategic communications plans so that regional programs leverage the Network´s positioning.
Regional Network Capacities (Resource Development – Marketing & Communications)
- Develop and update a regional impact product portfolio, together with the Director, Network Capacity.
- Coordinate regional marketing and communications initiatives by promoting and facilitating partnerships among local United Ways, bringing assets and best practices from the United Way system, and ensuring alignment with the United Way branding guidelines.
- Adapt, present, and promote the use of United Way Worldwide’s Resource Development best practices and tools among United Way Network partners in the region, together with the Director, Network Capacity.
- Provide support to United Way member organizations for developing and improving individual engagement strategies, including Workplace Campaigns, Volunteerism, Affinity Groups, Leadership Giving and other Major Donors programs, together with the Director, Network Capacity.
Support to Regional Office Strategy Development
- Work collaboratively with Vice President, Latin America & Caribbean; Director, Network Capacity; and, Manager, Operations to plan and execute the yearly Regional Meeting with Network.
- Support in the consolidation and prioritization of Network´s objectives to develop the regional´s office strategic plan.
Other Duties as Assigned
Note: If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted.
Minimum requirements include:
- Master’s degree or commensurate experience.
- Ten years of experience in business development with desirable marketing and fundraising experience, preferably in international settings and or with multi-cultural groups.
- Fluent in English and Spanish (50% of the work is in Spanish and 50% of work is in English).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, knowledge of design tools.
- Essential skills:
- Strong relationship management.
- Strong communication.
- Time management and ability to prioritize.
- Essential attributes:
- Take initiative.
- Strategic vision.
- Find creative ways to overcome obstacles.
- Adapt successfully to changing situations and environments.
- Open-term contract with a six-month probation period.
- Candidate is preferably located in a Latin American country; this position is open for Local United Way staff members in Latin America and the Caribbean, so a remote work scheme will be considered.
- Annual travel requirement is approximately five trips in Latin America/Caribbean and two trips in the United States.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, veteran status, marital status, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, and other legally protected characteristics, in accordance with applicable laws. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail email@example.com or call 703-683-7863 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.