Facilitates international, donor-advised grant making. The Manager is responsible for consistent, effective communication with donors and grantees. The primary function of this position is the timely collection of and thorough evaluation of potential grantee due-diligence materials to ensure compliance with U.S. and international grant-making guidelines and regulations. The IDAG Program assists donors interested in supporting international philanthropy. When a donor recommends a gift, UWW IDAG program decides independently whether or not to make a grant by evaluating the recommended grantee and by exercising appropriate discretion, control and oversight of funds as required by U.S. law. The Program Manager interfaces with senior staff and establishes solid relationships with domestic and international United Ways whose work complements the IDAG program. The Program Manager continually works on enhancements and strategic outreach as a promoter of the IDAG program.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION: An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
Execute International Grants
- Work with potential grantees to gather and evaluate due-diligence and grant application materials.
- Prepare Grant Agreements for submission to IDAG Senior Manager – Operations & Compliance for final approval.
- Regularly communicate with grantees and donors.
- Regularly enter data into Salesforce system.
- Obtain, analyze and forward grant reports from grantees to donors.
Work with IDAG donors
- Work with corporate, individual and foundation donors to facilitate international grant making.
- Determine donor needs and how to best serve them.
- Inform donors of latest updates in legal requirements.
- Provide consultation on new and existing programs.
- Prepare reports for donors on grant/program status (schedule to be determined by donors).
- Participate, as needed, in planning strategies for developing donor relationships.
- Share with donors information regarding international member United Ways’ programs and other global organizations.
- Maintain updated financial spreadsheets for donor accounts.
- Collect and share relevant information on donor interests with the resource development team through database, meetings or phone calls as required.
- Cultivate donors and document results in Salesforce.
- Reports to IDAG Senior Manager – Operations & Compliance.
- Maintain the organized structure of the program.
- Remain accountable to IDAG team members.
- Keep senior staff and IDAG team members well-informed of work progress.
- Maintain confidentiality.
Other Duties as assigned.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail email@example.com or call 703-836-7100, ext. 324 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.
Bachelor’s Degree in economics, communications, international studies, accounting, or similar experiential background required. At least 3-5 years of advanced-level administrative experience in a similar role. To be successful in this position, attention to detail is critical.
Excellent English verbal and written communication skills. Business level fluency in language(s) other than English (especially Spanish and Portuguese) is strongly preferred. Highly organized and disciplined with ability to multi-task with strict attention to detail in a deadline driven environment. Demonstrates initiative and ability to work independently. Teamplayer with ability to relate well to diverse population while maintaining sensitivity within international community. Ability to manage confidential data. Experience in international business or nonprofit setting strongly preferred. Excellent project management skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.