Manager Information Technology Operations
Information Technology (IT)
New York City
United Way of New York City (UWNYC) is a nonprofit mobilizing people and organizations to eradicate barriers and create opportunities that improve the lives of low-income New Yorkers. Part of the United Way Worldwide system, one of the world's most recognized charitable brands, we envision caring communities in which all individuals and families have access to quality education and the opportunity to lead healthy and financially secure lives. We strive to model our values in all our relationships, both internal and external: Collaboration, Compassion, Integrity, Accountability, and Superior Performance.
Responsible for managing and supporting the company's networked computer systems and infrastructure, Web properties, virtual and cloud-based technologies, telephones and the connectivity of computer and network systems to ensure the stable operation of the business.
This role is also responsible for supporting, monitoring, analyzing, and assessing potential network risks and issues and developing plans to deal with such incidents as well as executing corrective actions. Additionally, this role is responsible for project managing the implementation of network technology and telecommunications systems.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance from UWNYC staff
- Monitor and manage the local, virtual and cloud infrastructures
- Provide a single point of contact for UWNYC staff for incident and problem management.
- Establish and maintain familiarity with in-house systems and IT infrastructure.
- Participate in team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of IT infrastructure.
- Collaborate with team members to assess short and long-term network capacity needs and to make certain network capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, incidents, change management and service records.
- Manage and support VoIP infrastructure and its associated software, including call management systems, voicemail, and interactive voice response.
- Manage support staff on a daily basis
- Brand Steward
- Effective and Engaging Communicator
- Planning and Project Management
- Service Orientation
The ideal candidate has:
- Strong hands-on skills with and working knowledge of Microsoft Azure, Azure Virtual Servers, and SharePoint administration
- AWS experience
- Understanding of and experience with Microsoft Power Platform preferred
- Experience with network security principles, and general network management best practices
- Proven ability to work with Cisco firewalls and switches
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and discretion with confidential information
- Personable, innovative, and quick thinker who can grasp new information independently
- Ability to think and act clearly in pressure situations
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation and facilitation skills
- Able to respond after-hours to critical network events
- Ability to lead by example
Experience with implementation and management of servers, cloud-services, virtual servers, networks, and firewalls. Must be able to support desktop users and Office applications. The ability to work within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage multiple projects and manage the network infrastructure.
BS/BA degree or an equivalent combination of education and 4 or more years’ experience managing a network for a medium size company with a cloud-based infrastructure.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com with the title "Information Technology Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls or faxes accepted.
United Way of New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer