Position: Manager, Grant
Reports to: Senior Manager, Grants & Accounting
Organization Summary: United Way of New York City (UWNYC) is a nonprofit mobilizing people and organizations to eradicate barriers and create opportunities that improve the lives of low-income New Yorkers. Part of the United Way Worldwide system, one of the world's most recognized charitable brands, we envision caring communities in which all individuals and families have access to quality education and the opportunity to lead healthy and financially secure lives. We strive to model our values in all our relationships, both internal and external: Collaboration, Compassion, Integrity, Accountability, and Superior Performance.
Position Description: The Manager - Grants, will monitor and analyze program services grant expenses to ensure program financial goal is met. In addition, the Manager will provide fiscal and compliance management oversight to a portfolio of Community Based Organizations (CBO’s) implementing United Way of New York City’s (UWNYC) Federal Health Resources & Services Administration (HRSA) contract that is associated with your Choose Healthy Life program.
Program Financial Analytics:
• Monitor and analyze program services expenses to ensure budget goal is met.
• Analyze government contracts expenses and alert the Senior Manager, Grants & Accounting of any budget impact, including administrative recovery.
• Coordinate with the Senior Manager, Grants & Accounting to ensure proper utility of restricted revenues as well as its impact on budget.
• Assists in expense analysis for grant proposals.
• Provide ad-hoc analysis on grant expenses and revenues.
• Perform other duties as directed by the Senior Manager, Grants & Accounting.
HRSA Budget Management:
• Manage certain parts of grantee and subcontractor contracting processes, from scoping and execution through deliverable monitoring, payment, and closeout.
• Assist in managing the timeline and workflow regarding the contracting, financial reporting, compliance, and payment process
• Provide direct support to grantees and subcontractors to ensure their understanding of invoicing and payment process, next steps, and timeliness.
• Communicate with Hubs and NYC/NJ Churches regarding invoice deadlines, clarifications, follow‐up.
• Track required documentation for subcontractor’s and maintain an organized system of record management.
• Provide spreadsheet analysis and maintains historical data.
Manager, Grant Analytics
Contract Compliance Monitoring:
- Assist UWNYC Finance and Legal teams in ensuring timely issuing, review, and approval of contract requirements and subsequent payments documents by CBO partners.
- Administer the submission and approval of all required compliance documents by CBO partners.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and at least 4 years of experience performing budgetary, administrative, and operational support work.
• Previous experience in and/or demonstrated knowledge of nonprofit finance accounting.
• Experience with Government Contracts.
• Superior data management and analytics skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Superior financial and business acumen.
• Budgeting and budget modification experience.
• Able to prepare billing/expenditure reports, as well as variance reports.
• Able to develop and maintain relationships with multiple internal and external parties.
• Proven record of effective project management, ability to work independently and take initiative, manage multiple projects, and meet aggressive deadlines.
• Highly motivated, self-directed team player.
• Proficiency with a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook and Great Plains.
• Demonstrated attention to detail.
Planning and Project Management
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title "Manager, Grant" in the subject line. No phone calls or faxes accepted.
United Way of New York City is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Requirement Covid – 19 Vaccination