Position: Manager, Grant
Reports to: Senior Manager, Grants & Accounting
Organization Summary: United Way of New York City (UWNYC) is a nonprofit mobilizing people and organizations to eradicate barriers and create opportunities that improve the lives of low-income New Yorkers. Part of the United Way Worldwide system, one of the world's most recognized charitable brands, we envision caring communities in which all individuals and families have access to quality education and the opportunity to lead healthy and financially secure lives. We strive to model our values in all our relationships, both internal and external: Collaboration, Compassion, Integrity, Accountability, and Superior Performance.
Position Description: The Manager - Grants, will monitor and analyze program services grant expenses to ensure program financial goal is met. In addition, the Manager will provide fiscal and compliance management oversight to a portfolio of Community Based Organizations (CBO’s) implementing United Way of New York City’s (UWNYC) NYC Atlas contract.
Program Financial Analytics:
- Monitor and analyze programs service expenses to ensure budget goal is met.
- Analyze government contract expenses and alert the Manager of any budget impact, including administrative recovery.
- Coordinate with Manager to ensure proper utility of restricted revenues as well as its impact on budget.
- Assists in expense analysis for grant proposals.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis on grant expenses and revenues.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Manager.
Atlas Budget Management:
- Provide ongoing contract monitoring and administrative/financial support to contract partners to assure consistent progress and reporting.
- Support grantee fiscal reporting process by reviewing and approving CBO budgets and expense reports through FMS system.
- Gain an understanding of information systems supporting programmatic work and act as administrator
- Provide fiscal management technical assistance to CBOs via phone calls, trainings, and email communication.
- Monitor CBO expenditures by identifying and analyzing variances between planned and actual expenditures. Support CBO staff to properly manage contract spending and documentation.
- Identify needs for mid-stream program and budgetary adjustments to achieve desired results.
- Provide accurate, timely summary and analysis reports, responses to inquiries, and contract histories according to reporting schedules and upon request.
- Provide spreadsheet analysis and maintains historical data.
Manager, Grant Analytics
Contract Compliance Monitoring:
- Liaise between UWNYC and MOCJ Office to ensure quality control on compliance mandates across contracted CBOs.
- Administer the submission and approval of all required compliance documents by CBO partners.
- Assess CBO challenges and provide technical assistance that enhances their understanding of compliance procedure, technological support, and policy updates. This may require in-person training and/or site visits.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and at least 4 years of experience performing budgetary, administrative, and operational support work.
- Previous experience in and/or demonstrated knowledge of nonprofit Finance Accounting.
- Experience with Government Contracts.
- Superior data management and analytics skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Superior financial and business acumen.
- Budgeting and budget modification experience.
- Able to prepare billing/expenditure reports, as well as variance reports.
- Able to develop and maintain relationships with multiple internal and external parties.
- Proven record of effective project management, ability to work independently and take initiative, manage multiple projects, and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Highly motivated, self-directed team player.
- Proficiency with a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook and Great Plains.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
Planning and Project Management
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com with the title "Manager, Grant" in the subject line. No phone calls or faxes accepted.
United Way of New York City is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer