As Global Account Manager, Corporate Relations (Account Manager) you are one part strategic leader, one part expert fundraiser and one part skilled relationship manager. The Account Manager will report directly to a Director, Corporate Relations. You will be a member of a team dedicated to both securing $4.8 Billion annually for United Way Worldwide’s nonprofit sector leadership work, and to building the capacity of the global network of 1,800 United Ways to better engage individual and corporate donors. This team includes Corporate Relations Directors and Global Account Managers; representing more than $1 Billion annually across a portfolio of nearly 100 global corporations.
You are responsible for the overall execution of strategic relationship management and revenue generation with customers of the Global Corporate Leadership program, and others as assigned. You will provide corporate customers guidance and a set of solutions to create business value and continuously improve their company-wide involvement so both organizations can substantially impact communities in the US and globally.
As Account Manager, you will be an integral part of the Corporate Relations Operating Group (CROG). Success in corporate relations and with CROG requires strong integration with matrixed solution teams. You will be a core member of corporate solution teams developing and delivering services, products and solutions to create business and social impact value with individual engagement, community impact, and reputation/communications. You will need the ability to manage simultaneous multiple projects and influence cross functional departmental colleagues, and you will be required to activate local United Ways in the US and across our International Network to execute strategic corporate partnerships. You are responsible for building relationships with C-Suite level executives across your portfolio, as well as priority-market United Ways, with a milepost of securing signed, multi-year Corporate Partnership Agreements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Creative and flexible strategic planning - able to build and implement a sales plan and quickly adapt that plan as new opportunities and challenges emerge using advanced problem solving and process improvement
- Action oriented – able to move planning to action
- Relationship oriented – able to build relationships at all levels and leverage the diverse skills and personalities of your team, colleagues across the organization, and the United Way network to achieve departmental, organizational, and network-wide goals
- Customer focused – responsive to the needs and interests of a broad portfolio of Fortune 500 corporate donors
- Sales process and results oriented – focused on implementing proven sales processes and accountabilities to drive results in increasing donors and revenue
- Collaborative - communicates effectively with senior corporate leaders, local United Way CEOs and resource development leaders, and other constituencies to find areas of commonality and achieve shared goals
- Volunteer management – staff members of the Global Corporate Leadership (GCL) Advisory Council to better advance common goals; and, staff a member of the UWW Development Committee
Donors and Revenue –
- 10.33M global donors
- $4.8 Billion in global revenue
- $1Billion in Global Corporate Leadership (GCL) portfolio revenue
Network Execution –
- Activating US network to execute corporate partnership agreements
- Activating United Way Worldwide functional leaders to meet customer needs
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail email@example.com or call 703-836-7100, ext. 428 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
- 5+ years experience in a similar leadership role; must include advance-level fundraising, sales or customer relationship management for Fortune 500 companies
- Previous experience with multiple United Ways and/or relevant corporate experience
- 35-50% travel is expected
This highly visible position is critical to the organization’s overall success, therefore numerous qualifications and competencies must be considered. The individual should be experienced in the workings of a full service United Way (s) with an in depth knowledge of strategic customer relationship management within Fortune 500 companies and or sales experience. International experience is a plus as well as an understanding of corporate social responsibility. Able to quickly grasp concepts and principles while performing and completing multiple tasks with multiple constituencies in a timely and highly professional manner. Being flexible, focused and willing to work to achieve the bottom line. Creative in thought, able to work independently and with minimum supervision. This skilled negotiator will have proven successes in the areas of customer service, sales and corporate relations.