The Manager, Fundraising Operations, is responsible for leading the daily operations of the Fundraising department. Working across the Fundraising team, the Manager, Fundraising Operations will lead all development operations including but not limited to reporting, analytics, database management, employee giving campaign coordination, and vendor relations. Acting as a liaison between Marketing & Communications, Finance, and IT, the Manager, Fundraising Operations will build upon United Way NCA’s current processes for the efficient and effective management of daily fundraising operations, providing key insights and approaches that will support the department’s goals to diversify revenue and increase awareness for United Way NCA’s community impact programs and services. The Manager, Fundraising Operations will also be the department lead for the management of electronic fundraising platforms that support annual fundraising campaigns for corporate partners ensuring excellent employee engagement and giving experiences.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITIONAn individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
o Develop and lead the strategic direction of fundraising operations for the implementation and execution of tools and best practices that will build on the current foundation of fundraising processes, including but not limited to reports and analysis for all categories of revenue: direct mail, individual giving, major gifts, corporate (workplace campaign, grants, sponsorships, special events), and grants.
o In partnership with the Fundraising team, Finance & IT, maintain and update donor files in a Customer Relations Management (CRM) module, ensuring the integrity of donor information.
o In partnership with the Senior Manager, Individual Giving, Finance & IT, coordinate the processing of acknowledgments, tracking all donations, recognition, and communication with donors.
o Support the Senior Manager, Individual Giving in the tracking, execution, and performance of digital fundraising efforts.
o Provide holistic department support to ensure efficient and effective practices that advance United Way NCA’s revenue and engagement goals.
o Represent United Way NCA Fundraising department as the key relationship manager for departmental vendors, ensuring an efficient and responsive process from engagement to execution and fulfillment of deliverables.
• Employee Giving Platform Management
o Create and maintain sites for companies utilizing United Way NCA electronic giving platforms for annual employee giving campaign operations.
o Manage and maintain external employee giving platforms, tracking employee giving and updating platforms with United Way NCA content to increase giving and employee engagement.
o Serve as the first point of contact for questions regarding employee giving platforms from end-users, Corporate Engagement managers, and United Way NCA staff.
o Partner with Corporate Engagement team to provide ongoing support for the electronic giving platforms, often accompanying Managers of Corporate Engagement on visits with corporate social responsibility managers.
o Collaborate with leadership in developing and implementing strategies to identify areas of opportunity for increased and improved performance across all employee giving platforms.
• Minimum five years of experience in fundraising operations, with demonstrated expertise in database management and Microsoft Office.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree.
• Experience providing customer service and user support related to data operations, customer relations management (CRMs), and/or fundraising platforms.
• Strong qualitative and quantitative analysis and research skills, with the ability to effectively translate information to a wide variety of stakeholders.
• Excellent project management skills, with the ability to take a project from assignment to completion; Ability to manage multiple simultaneous requests for information and prioritize those requests to meet deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills: the ability to work with diverse audiences internally and externally. Detail-oriented and demonstrated ability to quickly and concisely synthesize large amounts of information.
• Exceptional organizational, written, and verbal communication skills that include sensitivity to donor information
• Experience working within a “team” fundraising and/or a sales environment, leveraging shared resources to identify revenue and engagement opportunities.
• Ability to work independently and use good judgment.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position and achieve high performance:
• Drives Revenue & Impact – Development professional is results-driven, with a relentless focus on gaining resources to support United Way’s mission and community impact-focused strategic objectives.
• Strategic Relationship Building – Development professional develops and maintains strategic relationships that generate the resources that support United Way’s mission.
• Effective & Engaging Communicator – Development professional is an effective and passionate communicator, articulating the United Way message in a way that inspires others to act in service to the organization and the community
• Embracing and Managing Change – Development professional champions and facilitates change to ensure long-term community sustainability. He/she adapt successfully to changing needs while maintaining positive relationships with all constituents, internal and external.
• Entrepreneurial and Innovative – Development professional creatively seeks new opportunities to generate revenue and other resources that add greater value to the organization and the community.
• Mission-Focused – the ability to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities.
• Relationship Oriented –an understanding that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
• Collaborator – understands the role and contribution of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources through meaningful engagement.
• Results Driven – dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good, creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations.
• Brand Steward – a steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
United Way NCA offers competitive compensation and benefits as compared to other comparable organizations within the non-profit sector, including substantial paid leave, healthcare benefits, a matching retirement plan, and a great work environment.
United Way of the National Capital Area