United Way Worldwide envisions a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability and healthy lives. United Way advances the common good by recruiting people and organizations who bring the passion, expertise and resources needed to get things done. United Way's global mission is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities to advance the common good. We invite you to be a part of the change – to Live United.
As the Manager of Foundation Fundraising, you will be responsible for building and stewarding a portfolio of new and existing national and international foundation donors. You will work with the donor and appropriate United Way Worldwide staff to secure grants and ensure proper donor stewardship with the goal of an ongoing grant relationship. Other responsibilities include assisting with the grants management process for United Way Worldwide restricted grants. This position will work directly with the Director of Development and will not have supervisory responsibilities. As the Manager of Foundation Fundraising, you will serve on the Development team in the Investor Relations department.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Manage a portfolio of national foundation grant relationships, building and maintaining strong, ongoing donor relationships that advance the mission of United Way Worldwide and the global network of local United Ways
- Build relationships with a portfolio of foundation donors, working with appropriate United Way Worldwide staff and local United Ways.
- Pursue new national and international grant opportunities, consulting and collaborating with other fundraising staff, content staff, and local United Ways as needed.
- Work with the content, fundraising and finance teams to help ensure that all grants objectives and requirements are met, including timely submission of grant proposals, agreements and reports.
- Work with the grant writer and content staff on development of grant proposals and reports to foundation donors.
- Provide assistance, as needed, with United Way Worldwide grants management process and online grants system.
- Perform other appropriate duties as necessary.
Minimum requirements include a Bachelor's degree with at least five years of fundraising experience. Must have excellent project management and communication skills. National/International fundraising experience for a global organization strongly preferred. Prior United Way network experience a plus.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-836-7100 ext. 428 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer free parking and competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, 403(b) plan, paid time off, family sick leave, and more.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. Please apply via the online system. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.