This position will lead, design and build the next generation digital engagement platform for United Way Worldwide. The primary function of the Email Campaign Manager is to develop and execute the email strategy for digital engagement programs. The Email Marketing Manager will work with Digital Services team to plan, create, and execute email campaigns to drive key metrics, including conversions, lead generation and fundraising activity on United Way’s digital properties. In addition to writing and building emails to move “doers” (volunteers) and donors along the customer journey, the candidate will also be responsible for managing email segmentation, technology implementations, and email delivery and acquisition efforts. Additionally, the Email Marketing Manager will ensure that our emails are CAN-SPAM compliant, and will optimize for mobile devices, nail timing and frequency, organize segmentation and personalization strategy, and craft great email copy. The Email Marketing Manager will also work closely with other team members to create reporting dashboards and analysis that will help drive overall email strategy.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Manage email marketing campaigns end-to-end, including planning, targeting, set-up, testing, execution, reporting and optimization.
- Create email reporting dashboards and custom reports analyzing campaign performance in order to provide actionable recommendations and deliver continuous improvements to our email program.
- Champion continuous advancement of our email features and capabilities including targeting, personalization, and template development in collaboration with multiple stakeholders: development teams, designers, business teams and more.
- Stay current with best practices, strategies, and industry standards related to email.
- Purge non-deliverable email addresses and opt-outs, follow up on interested respondents, ensure messages are mobile-friendly, review messages for brevity while proofreading all emails for clarity, grammar and spelling.
- Create scoring models, such as: Engagement, Inactivity, Loyalty and such while reporting against their effectiveness.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to create and execute data-driven, dynamic email campaigns and deliver highly-targeted/segmented marketing campaigns, lifecycle emails, retention/reactivation programs, and loyalty building communications.
- Lead email marketing initiatives including continual optimization of email marketing strategy, platform and related processes to retain and monetize existing customers.
- Define, adjust, and execute high-touch communication strategies for key donor/volunteer segments at all lifecycle stages along the customer journey.
- Deliver reporting and insight that accurately and appropriately measures the performance of each email campaign on a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Grow our email list organically, not through bought or rented lists.
- Manage various email campaigns, including the template designs, calls-to-action, and content used in our email sends.
- Segment lists based on behaviors like past email engagement and website interactions (content downloads, site page visits, etc.).
- Measure results and optimize the lead nurturing workflows for these segments to convert leads into donors and volunteers.
- Work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing the productivity of our email sends.
- Develop documentation and road maps for processes, A/B tests, and promotions that succeed through email.
- Ensure email messages are properly constructed to adhere to industry best practices.
- Oversee the email production process and creation of every email, ensuring flawless execution.
- QA all versions of each email campaign, including rendering testing.
- Report on results and provide insights and recommendations.
- Conduct analysis of results and develop test plans to continuously improve email performance.
- Optimize emails for deliverability, mobile rendering, open rates, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be a talented, driven marketer, experienced in driving successful digital campaigns, who blends expert email copywriting with an analytical mind and email industry skill and insight. The successful candidate must have a strong digital marketing background who has successfully developed, maintained, and optimized email campaigns. Experience/Skills:
- 5+ years related digital marketing experience in B2C or B2B2C brands; previous experience working with a premium positioned brand and understanding tactics that can both build and potentially erode brand equity a plus. Bachelor’s degree in marketing, analytics or statistics, communications or related field.
- Proven track record in digital marketing including email marketing, lead nurturing, marketing automation, and web analytics.
- Ability to translate complex and varied inputs including digital behavioral data and analytics, market research, industry and competitive trends and more, into a clear, cohesive narrative that leads to actionable strategies.
- Excellent understanding of email marketing concepts and metrics such as Sender Score, deliverability, and sender reputation.
- Proficiency in email marketing and marketing automation technology.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, driven environment, implementing last-minute changes as needed
- Demonstrated attention to detail, creative, analytical and takes initiative
- Ability to work self-directed, under pressure, meet deadlines, manage multiple project simultaneously, and review and analyze data
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, project, time management and analytical skills
- Highly analytical and able to derive meaning from data through A/B testing and email optimization.
- Excellent writer and communicator (in both the written and verbal form).
- Solid understanding of web metrics, digital analytics, and ability to generate, analyze and interpret data
- Utilization of digital and social technologies.
- Demonstrated skills with Excel (i.e. formulas, pivot tables, formatting, et al)
- Experience building campaigns within Salesforce, ExactTarget and/or Marketing Cloud is required
- Photoshop skills a plus, but not required
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-836-7100, ext. 324 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.