Location: DeSoto County, FL (Hybrid Work Environment)
Why United Way Suncoast?
Do you want to be part of a non-profit organization that makes a difference in your community? Do you want to be part of a passionate team focused on improving the lives of others? Now is your opportunity! United Way Suncoast is seeking a Manager, Education. The Manager, Education provides operational management for one or more of United Way Suncoast’s impact areas in support of UWS strategic direction and Community Impact Model related to Education.
We're not asking you to apply for a job. We're asking you to embrace a movement that gives people the freedom to rise. In return, you'll be embraced by colleagues that will appreciate every contribution you make.
Our team members enjoy a flexible work environment built on transparency and trust and most have hybrid schedules. There are many growth opportunities including the ability to learn about and contribute to efforts across the organization. We offer a competitive total rewards package including shortened benefit eligibility periods, several weeks of PTO, and no cost medical and dental options to name a few!
Objectives & Responsibilities:
- Collaborates to develop and implement detailed project plans, ensuring resource availability and allocation.
- Ensures timely and appropriate data collection, analysis, and reporting; collaborates to provide research and apply best practices to the design and continuous improvement of Community Impact activities.
- Supports the Community Investment process and related reporting and site visits.
- Works closely with a variety of internal and external partners to implement and expand strategic initiatives. Provides oversight of assigned program(s).
- Coordinates and/or leads consistent family and community engagement activities.
- Identifies and advances opportunities to maximize UWS’s presence. Participates on internal and external committees in support of UWS’s community impact.
- Brings awareness through verbal and written presentations to critical regional education needs and existing systems of care.
- Contributes to elements of department budgeting and forecasting.
- May also perform duties including but not limited to:
- Contributes to designing grant funded projects, writing proposals, incorporating grant funded programs, and meeting related requirements.
- Conducts Community Forums.
- Provides or facilitates through partnerships professional development including teaching, technical assistance, co-teaching, coaching, and mentoring to early childhood educators. Working to support educators in enhancing their knowledge, practices, and experiences to facilitate literacy, social-emotional, and executive functioning skills in children ages birth through five years with the goal of entering kindergarten ready to learn.
- Consistently demonstrates Our Suncoast Code and Values including applicable elements of leading self, team, and organization.
- Develops and refines processes to improve efficiency and achievement of goals and objectives.
Qualifications & Skills for Success:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Additional education is preferred.
- Four years of relevant experience, including one year of supervisory experience if supervising others.
- Ability to work some evening and weekend hours.
- Ability to work in-the field within the Suncoast region.
- Bilingual, English/Spanish required.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- Behaviors reflect a belief that individuals from diverse backgrounds lead to a more successful organization.
- Educates oneself about DEI issues within the organization and community.
- Demonstrates a willingness to become aware of and address one’s own implicit biases.
- Deliberately works to include individuals from underrepresented backgrounds in efforts both internally and externally as appropriate.
- Identifies and integrates the tools and resources needed to create more equitable environments.