Department: Community Impact
Reports to: Director, Early Learning and Community Partnerships-Sarasota|Manatee|DeSoto
Why United Way Suncoast?
At United Way Suncoast, important work is met with kindness and celebration, and challenges are met with brilliant collaboration. We are improving lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities around the world to advance the common good. We are looking for a Manager, Grant Accounting to join our team of diverse changemakers.
Are you ready to showcase your skills and produce exceptional results?
This position deepens the reach of The Big Plan and leverages Community Partnerships to help ensure families have the Early Learning supports they need to help children reach their full potential. This role actively collaborates with community members, community based organizations and non-profits to identify and implement successful strategies to increase access to quality early childhood education and the number of students reading on grade-level by third grade.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Include the Following:
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Works with Director, Early Learning and Community Partnerships to develop detailed project plans, ensuring resource availability and allocation to deliver assigned projects as planned.
- Ensures timely and appropriate data collection, analysis and reporting; works with team members and provides research and applies best practices to the design and continuous improvement of all Community Impact activities. May draft communications materials for volunteer reports, resource development, events or other organizational use.
- Manages neighborhood strategies, including implementation of the Quality Childcare Initiative, United4Literacy Kits and Volunteer Engagement events.
- Coordinates quarterly family engagement activities with the guardians of students participating in the Quality Childcare Initiative and Big Plan Schools.
- Conducts Community Forums in focus neighborhoods.
- Provides oversight of collaborative network of Out-of-School programs.
- Supports Reading Rooms, as needed.
- Nurtures and deepens existing relationships and builds relationships with new entities outside UWS who are directly involved with the implementation of The Big Plan e.g. School District, Principals/Assistant Principals, Teachers, Community Leaders, UWS Strategic Community Partner Organization program managers, County Government, Health Department, Housing Authority, Neighborhood Associations, Faith-based Organizations, Community Centers, etc.
- Identifies opportunities to maximize UWS’s presence, leverage partnerships and identify new partners to expand The Big Plan.
- Promotes the UWS brand and The Big Plan in community events
- Serves as the community connector during Signature Events: Day of Action, Week of Caring, MLK Day of Service, etc.
- Works closely with the Resource Development and Marketing team to ensure maximum understanding and use of Community Impact and Strategic Community Partner information to co-create communication collateral.
- Provides inspirational and persuasive communication about United Way Community Impact to a wide variety of audiences.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, including active listening, conflict resolution, coordination, facilitation, social perceptiveness, and consensus-building skills necessary. Successful team building, influencing diverse individuals and groups to achieve necessary outcomes.
- Requires advanced knowledge and ability to develop and deliver presentations, excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Requires advanced knowledge of MS Office software and use of internet and database programs.
- Must be available to work outside normal business hours.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Education, Community Development, Non-profit Management, Public Administration or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in community engagement.
- Minimum of 3 years’ management experience, volunteer management preferred.
- Previous early childhood education or elementary education experience required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish, both written and oral, preferred.