Why United Way Suncoast?
At United Way Suncoast, important work is met with kindness and celebration, and challenges are met with brilliant collaboration. We are improving lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities around the world to advance the common good. We are looking for a Manager, Donor Stewardship to join our team of diverse changemakers.
Are you ready to showcase your skills and produce exceptional results?
The Manager will provide excellent and energetic fundraising support to the Individual Philanthropy team. This individual will be responsible for implementing and managing a comprehensive donor relations, stewardship, recognition, and retention program.
When interacting with donors, they must promote a positive and mutually rewarding interaction.
Objectives & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the proper acknowledgement of donations by drafting thank-you letters, greeting cards, memos, newsletters, reports, timely touch points and impact reports.
- Work with Individual Philanthropy team to develop a strategy and build a pipeline for new 5, 6, and 7 figure prospects from outside of the organization’s existing donor pool.
- Prepare data-based reports to measure progress, drive future success and develop suggestions to further the effectiveness of the group’s engagement strategies.
- Implement and manage donor recognition for donors in the portfolio.
- Organize and manage the calendar for the Tocqueville, Women United and Young Leaders’ Society’s’, thereby planning and organizing the cultivation events with the Individual Philanthropy team.
- Provide background research and materials that will provide support for the development of individual and foundation donations.
- Stay current with fundraising trends including, but not limited to, data management, software, research methodologies, and stewardship best practices.
- Plan and coordinate signature events, meetings, and volunteer activities.
- Develop programming, with support of Individual Philanthropy team, for the leadership society events.
- Partner with RD and Marketing to promote the events and opportunities of the leadership societies.
- Ensure all UWS team members know the benefits of volunteers being a part of affinity groups.
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, safety and health regulations.
- Work collaboratively with other team members and departments in the fundraising process by managing all stewardship and recognition programs for the highest-level donors, providing excellent relationship management and prompt follow up.
- Communicate clearly, regularly, and effectively to build coordination, teamwork, enthusiasm, and a sense of common purpose among members.
- Collaborate with appropriate staff and/or United Way Worldwide to coordinate the creation of accurate and branded collateral for Women United, Young Leaders Society and Tocqueville Society.
- Serve as a Resource Development representative on internal project teams as needed.
- Three (3) years relevant work experience in donor stewardship and database management with strong organizational, writing, and verbal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to work extensively in-the field within the Suncoast region.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.