United Way Worldwide is the world’s largest privately funded nonprofit. Our global mission is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities to advance the common good. United Way envisions a world in which all individuals and families develop and achieve their full potential through education, income stability, and healthy living. United Way employees possess the passion, expertise, and resources required to make great things happen–we invite you to be a part of the change–to Live United.
The Digital Marketing Project Manager's primary responsibility is to manage and track digital campaigns including website development projects, email campaigns, social media and digital advertising initiatives and analytics for our local United Way and corporate partners as our digital clients. The Project Manager acts as the liaison between the internal resources and clients. The Project Manager takes a project from initial conception and scoping through to completion, including trafficking and reporting throughout the project and maintaining budget and schedule parameters. It requires a sufficient breadth and depth of expertise in digital engagement capabilities – creative and technology -- to coordinate multi-disciplinary teams to successfully deliver solutions for use by our clients.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Acts as production lead for interactive projects including online banner advertising, microsites, website development, search engine marketing, email marketing, social media, etc.
- Manage the project team resources through creation of detailed and accurate project descriptions, estimates, functional and technical specifications, schedules, timelines and written status reports throughout a digital project lifecycle
- Documents all aspects of project development through the use of project extranets, meeting notes, change request forms, and other documentation
- Understands and follows the established project development and change management process and contributes to this process
- Create and manage a project plans and is responsible for seeing through task execution
- Provide weekly status reports, project tracking updates and overall assessments to Director of Project Management and team
- Works with the Director of Operations to manage resources for the project, including utilization of team resources, forecasting and budget management
- Keep the project team informed on specific and overall progress
- Manages scope, including identifying issues and working with the resources and client on resolution plans
- Other duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications, advertising, multi-media or related fields required. Graduate degree or commensurate experience preferred. Ideal candidate will have 5 to 7 years marketing focused project management experience; i.e. Website, email, display, analytics. Ad Agency experience, a plus!
Excellent organization, communication, and motivational skills with an attention to detail required. Must have a self-starter attitude; strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and collaboratively and ability to interact with people at all levels within the organization. Ideal candidate will have client-facing experience; understanding of traditional project management process. Agile methodology experience preferred. Must be able to multitask and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. May be required to occasionally work hours outside of the normal 37.5-hour workweek including nights, weekends, and holidays. Occasional travel required.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are enthusiastic about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-836-7100, ext. 428 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA; minutes from downtown Washington, DC. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: free parking and onsite gym; health, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; tuition assistance; paid time off; medical appointment leave; family sick leave; employee assistance program; monthly volunteer opportunities, and more.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. Please apply via the online system. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.