The Manager, Digital Marketing and Fundraising for United Way of the National Capital Area (United Way NCA) is responsible for developing and executing digital marketing and fundraising strategies to increase brand recognition and engagement with our donors, volunteers, partners, and the wider community in support of lead generation and conversion. The Manager, Digital Marketing and Fundraising will be a strategic thinker, stays current on industry trends, best practices, and reporting metrics and KPIs, and has experience planning, executing, and optimizing digital marketing and fundraising campaigns in-house or in an agency setting that result in lead generation and constituent conversions. They will be accountable for the day-to-day management of all digital platforms, including all websites, email marketing, social media, mobile marketing, inbound marketing, paid search, and online advertising. The successful Manager, Digital Marketing and Fundraising will be responsible for growing United Way NCA’s social media presence, email lists, digital ad campaigns, and web traffic resulting in qualified leads and donations.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications. It works closely with all departments and content producers from within the organization and contributors from outside the organization to deliver results-driven campaigns across all digital platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive development and implementation of compelling digital marketing and fundraising campaigns that result in lead generation and conversions
- Leverage video, photography, podcast, and blog content to create compelling campaigns that promote United Way NCA and its health, education, and economic opportunity programs
- Manage engagement initiatives that lead to increased audiences across all digital platforms.
- Manage website optimization, email communication, video promotion, and mobile and digital campaigns to engage and attract donors, volunteers, and advocates to United Way NCA.
- Plan, executed and maintained an internal content calendar for content creation and curation.
- In collaboration with Content Producer, develop compelling digital content and stories about our impact, volunteers, and corporate partners.
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications to develop leadership social/digital strategy and train the team.
- Actively seek out and help define new creative methods and mediums for telling our partner, donor, and volunteer engagement stories across all digital platforms
- Work closely with Analytics Manager to track and monitor website, email, and social media traffic and optimize campaigns based on the best-performing strategies, and to achieve established KPIs
- Oversee the day-to-day management and execution of the national digital services program in alignment with United Way Worldwide and other local United Ways.
- Creates and extends the online conversation between United Way NCA and its various constituent groups, including donors, volunteers, member nonprofits, employees, and the community
- Manage vendors and consultants to ensure digital and web projects are executed.
- Work closely with consultants to optimize digital content to ensure both search engine visibility and favorable user experiences.
- Work closely with Analytics Manager to engage in research and implementation of content architecture, audience segmentation, UI/UX, A/B testing, and any other approaches.
- Manage a process to design web pages, email templates, and social media posts.
- Increase traffic and engagement on United Way NCA’s digital channels, including its website, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc., to raise awareness, generate leads, and increase online donations.
- In conjunction with Analytics Manager, work closely with the IT Department to streamline data functions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Blog, etc.
- Expert knowledge of the web, social media platforms, digital advertising analytics, and reporting with the ability to communicate outcomes and insights to non-digital experts
- Ability to measure and produce regular digital and web reports to influence digital strategy
- Understanding of the various digital marketing and fundraising platforms and best practices for utilization
- Experience developing SEO and SEM strategies
- Experience developing and implementing customer or donor journey campaigns
- Combination of marketing and publishing mindset; always think "customer first"
- Flexibility in adjusting to unexpected assignments, difficulties, and deadline
- Good organizational skills and an ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Applicants should be quick learners who enjoy staying up to date with digital marketing and fundraising trends
- Strong interpersonal, communication and project management skills and ability to interact with internal and external clients
Education and Experience Requirements:
A bachelor’s degree is required, and a minimum of 5 years of digital marketing and fundraising experience
- Experienced in Adobe CS6, Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with various content management systems and platform such as Drupal, and WordPress
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience with platforms, systems and applications like Salesforce, Marketing Cloud, Exact Target, EveryAction, Hootsuite and Meltwater
- Experience with project management software such as Trello, Monday.com or Asana
- Experience in managing online advertising campaigns such as Google AdWords
- Experience using Google Analytics and analyzing and presenting results
- Knowledgeable about the creative requirements of social media and video platforms
- Self-motivated and a resourceful learner
- Ability to work in a collaborative setting on simultaneous projects
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet or exceed deadlines
- Experienced with online marketing and marketing concepts
- Have strong communication skills and a collaborative work ethic
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position and achieve high performance:
* Mission focused – the ability to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities.
Relationship oriented –an understanding that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
* Collaborator – understands the role and contribution of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources through meaningful engagement.
* Results driven – dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good, creating, resourcing, scaling and leveraging strategies and innovations.
* Brand steward – a steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Please apply thru: https://unitedwaynca.org/about-us/careers/
The successful candidate must pass criminal background and reference checks.