United Way Worldwide is the world’s largest privately-funded nonprofit. Our global mission is to improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities to advance the common good. United Way envisions a world in which all individuals and families develop and achieve their full potential through education, income stability, and healthy living. United Way employees possess the passion, expertise, and resources required to make great things happen–we invite you to be a part of the change–to Live United.
Responsible for the conceptualization, design, execution, and delivery of digital media, social media, animated graphics, and traditional media assets that are a compelling embodiment of the United Way brand. Manages a variety of concurrent design projects for multiple internal stakeholders --from concept through post-delivery--and is responsible for ensuring that all projects are delivered on time, within budget, and with a high level of quality. Manages all aspects of the United Way Worldwide digital asset platform (Saepio MarketPort) used by Local United Ways including managing/organizing assets, coding/uploading design templates, and overall site maintenance. Participates in the development of team action plans, work processes, and systems.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at an exceptionally high level:
- Work closely with United Way Worldwide internal stakeholders to conceptualize, design, execute, and deliver interactive digital media including email marketing and social media assets, in addition to publications, marketing/product collateral, and other graphic media for United Way Worldwide internal stakeholders, local United Ways, and high-profile national partners.
- Provide design support for United Way's flagship website (unitedway.org) and subsidiary websites.
- Ensure technical compliance with United Way Brand Standards & Guidelines across all design work.
- Provide technical assistance to internal stakeholders and local United Ways, on an as-needed basis, to resolve design questions and support compliance with the United Way Brand Standards & Guidelines.
- Execute other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (Visual Arts or Graphic Design preferred).
- At least three to five years of progressive experience in a similar role.
- Significant professional experience and advanced proficiency in: CSS, Dreamweaver, HTML5, PowerPoint, and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite of Software including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Strong familiarity with electronic communications and information architecture.
- Experience with Saepio MarketPort or equivalent online marketing asset management platform.
- Superb detail orientation.
- Proven ability to adhere to established design standards and guidelines.
- Strong project management skills with a proven track record of consistently delivering projects on time, within budget, and with a high level of quality.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Demonstrated relationship management expertise, preferably in a large decentralized, matrix organization.
- Non-profit experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be a creative and innovative digital and graphic designer with a keen understanding of how to leverage digital/graphics to clearly define and articulate the United Way brand in a compelling way, spanning varying applications and audiences.
- Must be team-oriented with a strategic and collaborative approach to creative development in a demanding, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Design portfolio required: PDF portfolio upload or URL to online portfolio must be provided to be considered for the position
This position is located in Alexandria, Virginia. Relocation reimbursement is not available for this position.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are enthusiastic about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 703-836-7100, ext. 428 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.