Job Title: Manager, Data Analysis
Reports to: Senior Director, Investments and Partnership Strategies
Location: Any United Way Suncoast Office
Date: June 2021
Summary: Collaborates with the Senior Manager, Data Analysis, to lead and direct the data and business analysis activities for United Way Suncoast. This includes data collection, outcome analysis, evaluation, presentation and communication of results related to United Way Suncoast’s Community Impact work, as well as tracking key organizational metrics to evaluate organizational performance. The managers for data analysis, under the direction of the Senior Director, Investments and Partnership Strategies, form a team that supports the data needs and interests of both of our fund development as well as our community impact teams.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Include the Following:
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Data and Analytical Capacity
- Determine and implement procedures to improve and maintain data integrity. Conduct training, technical assistance and program monitoring on site. Analyze raw data once collected.
- Manage data requests for community, organizational partners, United Way Suncoast team members and United Way Worldwide.
- Work with both program and other staff and service providers to ensure appropriate data is being collected, measured and communicated for accuracy of establishing baselines and gathering data for and reporting community wide results.
- Collect and track key data points related to United Way’s area of strategic focus areas of Early Literacy, Youth Success and Financial Stability, and other key organizational initiatives.
- Serve as the Community Impact liaison to Resource Development and Marketing departments. Partner with grants staff to oversee evaluation components of grant applications and provide information for grants reporting.
- Design data assessment projects, identify data sources and develop collection tools.
- Develop recommendations and a comprehensive plan for data collection and analytics for all functions of the organization.
- Design and conduct a feasibility study regarding the potential development of a Data for Impact Center that strengthens the data capacity of UWS, strategic community partners, and the Suncoast region as a whole through an Impact Dashboard, accessible data communication tools, and training for nonprofit staff to integrate strong data practices into their day-to-day work.
- Work with community partners to develop outcome measures for emerging initiatives; represent United Way Suncoast on coalitions regarding outcomes and measurement.
- Facilitate community conversations and workshops with internal and external stakeholders.
Coaching and Training
- Provide one-on-one consultation with program staff on understanding program outcomes and methodologies that can be implemented for program improvement.
- Maintain community impact data management system and assist with training. Provide technical assistance to both internal and external system users.
- Coordinate and conduct training on outcome evaluation for funded programs and United Way Suncoast staff.
- Provide support to managers regarding data oversight for program staff.
Outcome Development and Evaluation
- Design and develop program outcome measures and evaluations for internal and external programs based on prior program practice and identified best practices.
- Work in partnership with staff named above to create grant applications, scoring rubrics and reporting that monitors outcomes and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Provide outcome-related technical assistance to United Way staff, volunteers and agencies.
- Design and conduct process evaluations of internal and external programs, particularly in those areas where United Way Suncoast serves as a convener.
- Design surveys for evaluation of programs and volunteer experiences.
- Create performance reports, scorecards and dashboards to illustrate United Way Suncoast’s performance. Facilitating the development of an Impact Dashboard
- Develop accessible reports, maps, briefs, infographics, and data fact sheets.
- Responsible for the management and oversight of the Community Impact program and funded program data collection, data integrity, analysis, and reporting.
- Support the organizational focus on alignment of reporting metrics and using data for continuous improvement.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of four years relevant experience in planning and research. Equivalent combination of education and experience is accepted.
- Proficiency required in MS Word, Excel and other related computer programs.
- Knowledgeable in research design as well as descriptive and inferential statistical analysis methods preferred.
Skills and/or Abilities:
- Extremely proficient in presentation skills, training and facilitation, both one-on-one and publicly. Ability to coordinate and conduct productive meetings.
- Excellent communication (oral, written and listening) and interpersonal skills, including ability to listen, show respect, incorporate new learning in the workplace and communicate effectively to a variety of stakeholders, from neighborhood residents to funders and government officials required. Ability to appropriately present information and data in written, electronic and oral forms to diverse target audiences. Must always project a professional image.
- Well-developed technical, statistical and qualitative analysis skills related to program planning and evaluation. Demonstrated ability to learn the use of CRM software; grants management software; as well as Tableau, dashboards or other data visualization tools.
- Independent self-starter with excellent project management skills. Ability to provide accurate information, plan and manage multiple tasks and individuals, set own goals, establish priorities and meet ambitious deadlines in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment both independently and as part of a team.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- Behaviors reflect a belief that individuals from diverse backgrounds lead to a more successful organization.
- Educates oneself about DEI issues within the organization and community.
- Demonstrates a willingness to become aware of and address one’s own implicit biases.
- Deliberately works to include individuals from underrepresented backgrounds in efforts both internally and externally as appropriate.
- Identifies and integrates the tools and resources needed to create more equitable environments.
Licenses: Valid Florida Driver’s License with a driving record that meets insurance requirements.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. They are frequently required to use finger and hand motions and occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. They must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Team member primarily works in a normal office environment under moderate heat and noise levels, with extensive in-the field activities within the Suncoast area.
United Way Suncoast provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
*Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.