PURPOSE OF POSITION: To design and produce United Way’s graphic communications. Duties include conceptual and design development for a variety of the organization’s programs, initiatives and events including impact and donor relations. The Creative Services Manager will work with marketing team members and others on various design projects. These projects will include but are not limited to flyers, brochures, advertisements, website updates, invitations, presentations, infographics, electronic email, social media graphics, banners, etc.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Percentage of Time
75% 1. Graphic Design: Work from design brief preparing rough drafts of material for approval; develop concepts, graphics and layouts for print, emails, events, presentations and web; design and produce print and electronic materials; coordinate, design and produce html design for mass email distribution.
15% 2. Website Development and Maintenance: Manage website content updates, enhancements and site change requests.
10% 3. Print Management: Manage day-to day logistics related to design and/or production of inside and outside printing projects.
JOB RELATIONSHIPS WITH: VP, Marketing and Brand Management, Senior Leadership Team, Marketing Manager, Engagement Team, Community Impact Team.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, fine art or visual art.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud.
- Experience working with a website content management system, Drupal experience preferred.
- Competent in MS Office products.
- Interest in the improvement of the Summit County community.
- Strong creative, organizational, problem-solving and time management skills.
- Adaptable and quick learner.
- Ability to apply style guides creatively while upholding brand identity for United Way.
- Strong conceptual skills, high level sense of design, layout and typography, and a broad thinker who is able to offer a variety of design solutions.
- Expert knowledge in graphic production process.
- Ability to work well with tight deadlines in a team environment.
- Capability to take projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
- Ability to keep up-to- date on industry leading software and technologies.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and as part of a high-performing team.
- Organized, able to prioritize, strategically plans, and meets deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to excellence and passion for the mission of United Way of Summit County.
- Commitment to maintaining an awareness of best practices within the United Way Worldwide Network.
- Position is primarily a normal office setting, requiring long periods of sedentary work at a desk and computer.
- Ability to routinely travel throughout multi-floor office, walking, climbing stairs.
- Must be able to sit, stand, reach with hands and arms, bend and stoop.
- Extensive reading.
- Minimal lifting up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Must be willing to work non-standard work schedule including nights, weekends, and other unusual hours on occasion.
- After-hours event attendance occasionally.
- Some overnight travel may be required.
To apply: Interested applicants that meet the minimum qualifications can submit:
1) an updated resume, 2) a cover letter including salary expectations, and 3) DESIGN PORTFOLIO REQUIRED, PDF portfolio upload or URL to online portfolio must be provided to be considered for the position.