The Manager, Corporate Relations (“Manager”) will provide coordination and general support to help increase philanthropic revenues from United Way’s top corporate partners and their respective employees. The Manager will report to Senior Director, Corporate Relations.
The Manager will primarily deliver all levels of logistical and general support for employee giving campaigns, program sponsorships, event sponsorships and volunteer engagement activities. Other notable duties will include active participation in the team’s year-round efforts to increase revenue as specified by the assigned team. The Manager will also serve as the United Way account lead with small and mid-sized businesses.
To perform the job successfully, competitive applicants should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Mission-Focused: Create real social change that leads to improving lives in our community.
- Relationship-Oriented: Able to communicate effectively to develop, grow and sustain productive relationships that advance the mission and support of UWMD.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad impact.
- Stewards: Our actions, behaviors, and decisions on behalf of our donors must be transparent, meet the highest ethical standards, and align with organizational goals.
Major Account Support: At the direction of the VP of Corporate Relations, the Manager will provide general support to help advance corporate account strategies that derive philanthropic revenue from multiple sources, including employee giving campaigns, major/planned gifts, mid-level gifts, corporate gifts, program sponsorships, event sponsorships and volunteer engagement. Adherence to both team and individual activity metrics is an important aspect of this position.
These duties may include, but are not limited to, support activities related to execution of the employee giving campaign, event coordination and fulfillment of company requests.
Small/Mid-Sized Account Leadership: For UWMD’s small and mid-sized accounts, the Manager will develop and manage corporate account strategies that derive philanthropic revenue from multiple sources, including employee giving campaigns, mid-level gifts, corporate gifts, program sponsorships, event sponsorships and volunteer engagement.
Some of these account relationships are considered relatively self-service. In such situations, the Manager will be responsible for maintaining strong relationships with key contact at these accounts. The Manager will help implement automated services aimed at maximizing the revenue from self-service accounts in a highly efficient manner.
Adherence to both metrics is an important aspect of this position. Implementation of both fundraising industry and United Way best practices is essential for success. In addition, the Manager will be responsible for leveraging UWMD staff resources across the organization to ensure strong donor stewardship, drive donor gift upgrades and retain longtime loyal supporters.
Campaign Management and Execution: With all accounts, strong organization skills are needed to steward campaigns which includes assisting in the coordination as well as attending and sometimes speaking at events.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Aptitude to proactively anticipate upcoming challenges and opportunities.
- Proficiency to thoroughly investigate causes of any individual or team shortfalls and apply lessons to future work.
- A high degree of personal initiative with the desire and ability to meet aggressive goals.
- Ability and willingness to communicate with several individuals per day via several mediums, with the commitment of a 48-hour or less follow-up timeframe.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to infuse creativity, innovation and insight into all aspects of work.
- Experience working in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to work independently, to prioritize and execute multiple projects and meet strict deadlines for deliverables.
- Superior organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Salesforce; working knowledge of social media.
- The ability to thrive in an environment that is characterized by significant growth, diversity and constant change.
- Ability to integrate marketing, operations and financial knowledge and background to achieve organizational goals.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and creative approach to strategy development.
- A commitment to community service and the non-profit sector.
- Ability to leverage technology to implement and drive change and performance.
- A commitment to work cross functionally to leverage internal resources.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends, as required by event timing.
- Ability to lift to 20 lbs.
- Access to reliable transportation.