Job Title: Manager, Corporate Philanthropy
Department: Resource Development
Reports to: Senior Manager, Corporate Philanthropy
Location: Sarasota Area
Date: September 2020
Summary: The Corporate Philanthropy Manager is responsible for raising the funds necessary for United Way Suncoast to meet its mission of helping people live their best possible lives.
They must be able to identify, develop and maintain high quality relationships with individuals within the workplace to attract and sustain resources to support United Way Suncoast’s strategic direction and community impact initiatives.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities Include the Following:
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Serve as a professional representative of the United Way Suncoast, complying with established corporate guidelines and in support of the organization’s mission and vision.
- Serve as the point of contact and strategic consultant for community engagement within assigned portfolio of accounts and relationships, maintaining a focus on maximizing revenue, building donor loyalty and confidence, while implementing United Way Suncoast community impact objectives.
- Manage assigned volunteers and cabinets/societies, assisting with goal setting and, in conjunction with the Data and Research managers, create monitoring reports for actual and projected progress to goal.
- Manage donor data efficiently and accurately utilizing Andar and CRM systems.
- Plan and execute specific year-round engagement opportunities as well as multi-year development action plans to ensure cultivation of relationships that drive revenue growth through workplace campaign and other resource products. These opportunities will be driven by a virtual environment in the current situation.
- Achieve goals with assigned key indicators of success including participation rates, resources under management, average gift, leadership giving and retention for key accounts within assigned portfolio.
- Responsible and accountable for problem solving, critical thinking and decision making to reach target results through strategy implementation.
- Provide the “ideal experience” for the active community investors by promptly handling inquiries, valuing donor gifts regardless of the size and regularly communicate the community impact those investments are making in the Suncoast region.
- Responsible for selling a new engagement platform, Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud, to current and new companies identified by United Way Suncoast.
- Accountable for creating new business cultivation in the assigned region.
- Accurately project annual and multi-year revenue through workplace portfolio.
- Conduct operations effectively and efficiently in a virtual environment in the current situation and promote a cooperative spirit within the United Way Suncoast organization.
Experience/Education: 3-5 years of sales, fundraising, and account management experience. Relevant education considered in lieu of experience.
Interpersonal Skills: Excellent active listening, interpersonal, and persuasion skills required. Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and judgment skills required. Experience in consultative sales is preferred. Is cognizant of different demographic and cultural groups. Displays cultural knowledge and sensitivities and applies that knowledge to fundraising efforts; Builds relationships across different demographic groups in the community.
Presentation Skills: Requires advanced knowledge and ability to develop presentations. Excellent public speaking and presentation skills are necessary.
Language Skills: Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to present information to and respond to questions from groups of diverse organizational employees, managers, and senior level high-profile decision makers.
Computer and Analytic Skills: Requires advanced knowledge of MS office software and data base programs. Data analysis, forecasting and strategic planning skills are preferred.
Licenses: Valid Florida Driver’s License with a driving record that meets our insurance guidelines.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use finger and hand motions and occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Employee primarily works in a normal office environment under moderate heat and noise levels, with extensive in-the field activities within the Suncoast area. They will also be expected to work from home under certain conditions.
United Way Suncoast provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
*Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.