Position Title: Manager, Content Marketing
Status: Exempt, full-time
Location: 711 Park Ave W., Denver, CO 80205
This role might be right for you if...
- You have exceptional writing skills and an editorial eye.
- You love all aspects of the storytelling pipeline - from concept to curation to development to publishing and everything in between.
- You have top-notch project management skills and can work with competing deadlines.
How You'll Help
This position is responsible for developing and executing content strategies to increase brand recognition and engagement with our donors, volunteers, community partners, and the wider community. This position is a member of the digital experience team that works on digital distribution plans and develop impact stories and content for direct mail, collateral, and other mediums as needed. This role will be accountable for the day-to-day content development of marketing platforms, including website, email marketing, social media content, collateral development and direct mail solicitations, and Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud.
- Develop compelling content and stories about our impact, volunteers, and corporate partners. Projects regularly requiring content curation are marketing collateral, annual report, direct mail solicitations, Marketing Cloud, Philanthropy Cloud, videos, and social media platforms
- Plan, execute, and maintain internal calendar, content pipeline, and content marketing campaigns
- Lead cross-functional editorial team to develop content strategies for various audiences
- Actively identifies prospects for Mile High United Way stories, including interviewing donors, volunteers, program participants
- Actively seek out and help define new creative methods and mediums for telling our stories
- Engage in research and implementation of content architecture, audience segmentation, UI/UX, A/B testing and any other approaches
- Optimize content to ensure both search engine visibility and favorable user experiences
- Work with graphic designer to design web pages, email templates, social media posts and other marketing materials that enhance content
- Serve as a editorial coach and resource for internal and external partners
- Be an active participant on Mile High United Way internal communication initiatives as needed, including serving as the organizational lead for the employee intranet
- Be an active participant in day-to-day management and execution of the national digital services program, in alignment with United Way Worldwide and other local United Ways
- Assist Marketing team to increase traffic and engagement on Mile High United Way's digital channels (i.e., website, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.) to raise awareness, generate leads, and increase online donations
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's in Communications, Journalism or equivalent in experience and education.
- Strong writer. We'll ask for writing samples during the interview process.
- 3 to 5 years of proven written content development experience
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Combination of marketing and publishing mindset; always think "customer first"
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Understanding of journalistic writing principles
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Experience interviewing internal and external stakeholders from all demographics
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments
- Flexibility adjusting to unexpected assignments, difficulties, and deadline
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to work effectively with Mile High United Way donors, volunteers, agencies, and community representatives
- Good organizational skills and an ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Applicants should be quick learners who enjoy staying up-to-date with digital marketing trends
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills, interaction with internal clients and presentations may be required
- Experience with various content management systems and platform, specifically WordPress
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS
- Experience with systems and applications like Salesforce, Marketing Cloud, Exact Target, Hootsuite, CVENT, Salesforce Philanthropy Cloud
- Experience in managing online advertising campaigns such as Google AdWords
- Experience using Google Analytics and analyzing results
Working Environment: Typical office environment with occasional out-of-office meetings and events.
Physical Activities: May be required to lift up to 20lbs.
Ready to join the fight? If you are on Mile High United Way's website, you can apply by completing the information in the "Apply Now" box. If you're on a job board, you can apply through the job board or by visiting the Careers page of our website.
This posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
Mile High United Way is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants who have disabilities which hinder their ability to complete the application process. Please contact us at 303-433-8383 to request accommodation in the application process.
We use e-Verify to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.