Why Work for United Way:
Do you want to leave work every day knowing that you made an impact? At United Way of South Hampton Roads, you’ll work in a fun and supportive environment where every day is a new opportunity to make a difference. If you talk to our employees, the single trait we all have in common is passion. We love what we do, and we do it with conviction and purpose because we know how much our community needs us. You’ll learn from some of the best in the business and be constantly challenged in an ever-changing industry. Plus, we offer excellent benefits, opportunities for advancement and a great work-life balance. If you want to be great while doing good, join the United Way team.
Objectives & Expectations:
This position manages processes (such as grantmaking, agency certification, and reporting) and critical partnerships for the Community Impact (CI) team. CI works directly with community-based organizations, government and private-sector partners, and community members to identify and address problems too big for any of us to solve alone. This position will specifically lead the community investments process as well as other important initiatives to help drive United Way’s community impact agenda.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage planning, implementation and continuous improvement of United Way’s community investments (grantmaking and agency certification) processes, such as:
- Request for Proposals (RFP) development
- Application management
- Volunteer recruitment
- Committee and panel meetings
- Agency technical assistance
- Reporting and communication
- Serve as the system administrator in grantmaking software to ensure data and processes are maintained, monitored, and cleaned/improved.
- Advance agencies’ capacity to measure results as well as the United Way’s ability to document and communicate shared measures.
- Partner with Community Data & Impact Manager to support reporting process for Community Investments grantees, including training on data framework and shared measurement, report planning and construction, and analyzing and reporting results.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with community partners.
- Engage partners through facilitated convenings and trainings to set and achieve systems-level goals across investment focus areas.
- Create opportunities to share and support dissemination/adoption of research, best practices, learnings, and resources among community partners.
- Support partnership development and implementation of self-sufficiency programming.
- Contribute to strategy, planning, problem solving, and integration as a member of the Community Impact team.
Key Skill Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience
- Strong analytical ability and attention to detail
- Ability to troubleshoot and work independently
- Flexibility and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally
- Knowledge of the health and human services industry
- Experience with collaborative approaches to community problem solving
- Facilitation skills and ability to guide goal-oriented discussions and build collective action among partners
- Experience with results-based grants management processes
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
- Ability to quickly learn new technology solutions
- Experience in Blackbaud grantmaking software (preferred)
United Way of South Hampton Roads is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at UWSHR will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. UWSHR does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or genetics. Please Note: Requirements, skills, and abilities described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements be interpreted as all-inclusive.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.