Benefits (The Good Stuff)
- Exempt (Salary): 3 WKS+ Vacation Paid*
- Non-Exempt (Hourly): 2 WKS+ Vacation Paid*
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 12 PTO Paid Days
- Competitive Health Benefits Package
- Wellness Program Reimbursements up to $50/month
- Long Term Disability at NO COST
- Life Insurance & AD&D 2X Annual Salary at NO COST
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Plan UP TO 6% Employer Match
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Free Monthly Transit Card
*Vacation amounts may vary based on roles, schedules, and years of service.
Help us make a difference in our community. United, we are tackling complex issues and turning contribution into real change. We fight for the equitable access to quality education, financial security and health of everyone in our community. Join our team and join us in the fight for a stronger Miami!
United Way Miami is hiring for a Manager, Engagement to join our team. As Manager, Engagement you will manage literacy, community-wide special event programs that engage community members in meaningful, enriching activities that foster a connection to United Way Miami’s (UWM) mission and impact to the community at large.
EXPECTATION FOR ALL EMPLOYEES:
Support the mission, vision and values of United Way Miami (UWM). When appropriate, participate in various after hours and weekend activities that benefit UWMD and the community. Due to the leadership role UWM is called upon to play in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all UWM staff will be fully engaged in the organization’s crisis plan and response efforts.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads the planning, management and execution of volunteer opportunities lead by UWM, including but not limited to ReadingPals, Read Together, Read Across America, VolunteerMiami community service activations including Volunteers on Tap.
- Designs, develops, and delivers workshops and trainings for volunteers, nonprofit program staff, and students participating in engagement opportunities on best practices for volunteer/special event program execution. Provides exceptional volunteer management experience.
- Manages volunteer database and robust calendar of speaking engagements, agency partners, interactive tours and conducts volunteer training seminars from planning to execution. Works with internal partners to identify such opportunities in support of events, donor and prospect development and public relations. Coordinates scheduling and preparing volunteers and agency staff who support efforts.
- Contributes to maintaining VolunteerMiami portal; Manages engagement team email inboxes and phone lines.
- Works with internal and external partners to identify engagement opportunities, Lunch & Learn seminar topics, success stories and tours. Builds rapport and makes site visits to event locations in order to design volunteer and special event experiences.
- Provides logistics and execution support before, during and after United Way volunteer projects and special events, including but not limited to Reading Pals, Community Connections and VeritageMiami, Mayor’s Ball, UWM 5k, Corporate Run, Giving Tuesday, WU Breakfast and MDCPS Awards Breakfast.
- Creates standardized tour guides for impact partners that includes talking points (or videos) for external facing staff and information that connects the agency with United Way Miami.
- Works as a member of the external affairs in support of team activities and the organization, to support overall fundraising, special events logistics, communications, marketing and other organizational objectives.
- Monitors participation rates, produces post-event and program reports and analyzes results for use in grant reporting as well as future program design and implementation.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Experience Requirements: Three or more years of related experience to include volunteer recruitment and management, community outreach and event program management. Strong technology and reporting experience.
Technology Requirements: Advanced to intermediate Microsoft Office products including PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher and Word.
Other Essential Knowledge/Skills: Strong oral and written communication skills, customer relations skills, creative problem-solving skills, good judgment and detailed oriented. Spanish language not a requirement but helpful.
Benefits: United Way Miami’s total rewards program offers a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to support your health and well-being needs. We provide a generous vacation, personal/sick and holiday program. We offer medical, dental, Life/AD&D, LTD, vision, legal, FSA, EAP, 401(k) plan, supplemental plans, and employee discount programs. Our Wellness program includes wellness activities and incentives throughout the year. To view the full description of our Summary of Benefits, please visit our Career site homepage.
Career growth: We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
UWM is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace, please visit our Career site homepage to view our EEO statement and Drug-Free policy.