Why United Way Suncoast?
Do you want to be part of a non-profit organization that makes a difference in your community? Do you want to be part of a passionate team focused on improving the lives of others? Now is your opportunity! United Way Suncoast is seeking a Manager, Community Development. We are looking for an individual who is innovative, collaborative, and self-sufficient in implementing Financial Stability efforts around our place-based work while enhancing the quality of life for residents of the Campbell Park community. The ideal candidate will be able to build strong partnerships, increase efficiency in services, and contribute to the growth in alignment across all three resource centers.
We're not asking you to apply for a job. We're asking you to embrace a movement that gives people the freedom to rise. In return, you'll be embraced by colleagues that will appreciate every contribution you make.
Our team members enjoy a work environment built on transparency and trust. There are many growth opportunities including the ability to learn about and contribute to efforts across the organization. We offer a competitive total rewards package including shortened benefit eligibility periods, several weeks of PTO, and no cost medical and dental options to name a few!
Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates to develop and implement detailed project plans, ensuring resource availability and allocation. Works cross-functionally, integrating strategically inclusive impact work into targeted areas of focus by zip code(s).
- Identifies and advances opportunities to maximize UWS’s presence. Participates on internal and external committees in support of UWS’s community impact.
- Supports the Community Investment process and related reporting and site visits.
- Ensures timely and appropriate data collection, analysis, and reporting; collaborates to provide research and apply best practices to the design and continuous improvement of Community Impact activities.
- Contributes to designing grant funded projects, writing proposals, incorporating grant funded programs, and meeting related requirements. Maintains program data, reviews proposals, accepts and screens applications, and reports to funders and partners.
- Provides oversight of assigned initiative(s). Works closely with a variety of internal and external partners to implement and expand strategic initiatives.
- Coordinates and/or leads consistent family and community engagement activities, including Community Forums.
- Brings awareness through verbal and written presentations to critical regional financial stability needs and existing systems of care that support ALICE in our communities.
- Contributes to elements of department budgeting and forecasting.
- Collaborates with the Resource Development and Marketing teams to maximize understanding and use of Community Impact and Strategic Community Partner information and co-create communication collateral.
- May also perform duties including but not limited to:
- Oversees daily operations of a Resource Center providing strategically aligned resources and services to community members.
- Connects community members with resources for services such as job placement, financial literacy counseling, legal aid, housing, medical care, and financial assistance.
- Identifies potential program participants and facilitates participation in appropriate programs.
- Hires, trains, supervises, or coaches team members, interns, and/or volunteers to ensure program goals are achieved.
- Consistently demonstrates Our Suncoast Code and Values including applicable elements of leading self, team, and organization.
- Develops and refines processes to improve efficiency and achievement of goals and objectives.
Qualifications & Skills for Success:
- 4 or more years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; equivalent relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Ability to work some evening and weekend hours.
- Ability to work and drive in-the-field within the Suncoast region.
- Bilingual or Multilingual (English/Spanish/Creole) a plus.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- Behaviors reflect a belief that individuals from diverse backgrounds lead to a more successful organization.
- Educates oneself about DEI issues within the organization and community.
- Demonstrates a willingness to become aware of and address one’s own implicit biases.
- Deliberately works to include individuals from underrepresented backgrounds in efforts both internally and externally as appropriate.
- Identifies and integrates the tools and resources needed to create more equitable environments.