Why United Way Suncoast?
Do you want to be part of a non-profit organization that makes a difference in your community? Do you want to be part of a passionate team focused on improving the lives of others? Now is your opportunity! United Way Suncoast is seeking a Manager, Community Development. United Way Suncoast leverages relationships and invests resources to drive social change. We lead the community in achieving measurable results in the areas of Early Literacy, Youth Success, and Financial Stability. Our Vision is uniting people, ideas, and resources to advance the common good. Our Mission is to break the cycle of generational poverty through educational programs that give children the skills to succeed and help adults achieve long-term financial stability, so they can support themselves and their families.
We're not asking you to apply for a job. We're asking you to embrace a movement that gives people the freedom to rise. In return, you'll be embraced by colleagues that will appreciate every contribution you make.
Our team members enjoy a work environment built on transparency and trust. There are many growth opportunities including the ability to learn about and contribute to efforts across the organization. We offer a competitive total rewards package including shortened benefit eligibility periods, several weeks of PTO, and no cost medical and dental options to name a few!
Objectives & Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day leadership for service delivery by resource center volunteers and on-site partners. Serve as a point of contact for community engagement while implementing United Way Suncoast’s community impact objectives.
- Refer residents to community resources for services such as job placement, financial literacy counseling, legal aid, housing, medical treatment, and financial assistance.
- Assist residents with computer access, scanning, faxing, copying, and other services.
- Provide the “ideal experience” for the community by promptly handling inquiries.
- Identify potential program participants and facilitate participation in appropriate programs.
- Collaboratively identify and demonstrate ownership in the implementation of program goals and objectives.
- Establish and promote a system to communicate Resource Center activities to the community and partners. Partner with the Marketing department in the creation of flyers for programs and events.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system. Manage data efficiently, prepare reports, and make presentations.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings.
- Participate in internal and external committees to gain and keep current UWS understanding.
- Participate in community and civic activities to increase networking and public awareness of UWS.
- Conduct operations effectively and efficiently and promote a cooperative spirit within the UWS organization. Assist in resolving any administrative problems.
Qualifications & Skills for Success:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five or more years of progressively responsible experience in the field of social work, education, administration, or related field preferred.
- Bilingual or multilingual (English/Spanish/Creole) a plus.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- Behaviors reflect a belief that individuals from diverse backgrounds lead to a more successful organization.
- Educates oneself about DEI issues within the organization and community.
- Demonstrates a willingness to become aware of and address one’s own implicit biases.
- Deliberately works to include individuals from underrepresented backgrounds in efforts both internally and externally as appropriate.
- Identifies and integrates the tools and resources needed to create more equitable environments.